Stacking Cooling Rack

Baking By Lcubed82 Updated 22 Jan 2010 , 5:05am by indydebi

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 5:03pm
post #1 of 12

Sorry I can't find the thread from a little while back.

I saw the Mainstay set at Walmart, but cannot remember if these were liked or not. Any opinions?

11 replies
chefdot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefdot Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 11:09pm
post #2 of 12

I love my Pampered Chef ones! icon_surprised.gif) I am a little bias but I do love all their products or I wouldn't sell them!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 11:31pm
post #3 of 12

I can't work without my Pampered Chef stackable cooling racks!

I like to put my cakes on elevated racks so the pool of condensation doesn't form under the cake. So I set up the Pampered Chef rack, then set my big 14x20 cooling rack with the cake(s) on it, on top of the PC rack.

My kids know that if they see a PC stackable at a garage sale, they better grab it for me!

What I really love about the PC racks is they are designed with the small squares and not the "bunch of wires going vertical with one wire going horizontal" design, which are usually so far spaced that the hot cookie falls right thru it. The small square design keeps the cookies and cakes intact!

I know PC designs for the regular housewife, but they don't design crappy housewife stuff! It's as close to professional grade as you're gonna get!

(Didn't mean to sound like a commercial but these racks and the ice cream scoop are my favorite PC products!)

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 12:34am
post #4 of 12

I also love Pampered Chef's pizza cutter for cutting fondant. It's weighed properly so it cuts really nicely! And I love the can opener!! It doesn't cut the can so you never cut yourself when washing them for recycling and there's no blade that gets gunked up!! I love Pampered Chef too!!

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 1:17am
post #5 of 12

I have the Mainstay from Walmart. Love them. I need to get another set

Lcubed82 Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 2:53am
post #6 of 12

Thank you all! Toleshed, I will have to give those a try.

sandi817 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandi817 Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 6:05pm
post #7 of 12

I have two Linden Sweden Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Racks from cheftools.com
http://www.cheftools.com/Cooling-Racks/products/34/
They are awesome, space saving and I can't imagine decorating cookies without these!!
Now if I could only find a protective cover to use while cookie glaze dries overnight life would be complete icon_smile.gif

chefdot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefdot Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 7:10pm
post #8 of 12

Thanks IndyDebi and CherryCakes! Best part of my job are the tools I not only sell but use myself! icon_smile.gif

Angel_Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angel_Cake Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 7:23pm
post #9 of 12

I'm a PC Consultant also, love it when I open up forums and everyone is raving about the tools, because I love them too!

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 9:16pm
post #10 of 12

I missed out on the PC cooling racks. I used to be a consultant (I couldn't get anyone interested in having a party and I'm not pushy enough), but I really should have gotten a few of them before I stopped selling.

Lcubed82 Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 4:45am
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandi817

I have two Linden Sweden Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Racks from cheftools.com

Do you leave your cookies on your pans, or do you put your cooling racks on this rack? I think these look useful.

I have two of the big Wilton cooling racks, but need to go vertical! I have four sheet pans, but rotate those for cooking. I did pick up a set of the WalMart stacking racks today to try- not too big an outlay. Will be baking and trying those this weekend.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 5:05am
post #12 of 12

If you need to go vertical, place a sm juiceglass or upside down coffee cup on the corners of your cookie trays, then set the next tray on top of that. If you're nervous about a wire rack slipping on a glass or ceramic surface, put a small square of no-skid material on the cup or glass before setting the next rack on top.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%