What Kind Of Cupcake Pan To Buy?

Decorating By kileyscakes Updated 20 Jan 2010 , 2:16pm by Kiddiekakes

kileyscakes Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 1:55pm
post #1 of 3

I moved my question here since no one replied in the cupcake forum.

I bought a couple standard wilton alluminum cupcake pans quite a while ago and I haven't been able to get any nice shaped cupcakes, they don't rise that much and the edges stick to the pan, I also noticed that the wells are like 2 1/2 inches wide so my papers don't even fit in them very well my papers are 2 inches. At fist I just thought it was just all my recipes but today I just made a box mix and they did the same thing so now I think it is my stupid pans. Does anyone else have this problem with these pans or should I just run to walmart and grab a couple nonstick ones? Does anyone recommend any?
Also I was wondering does everyone bake one pan at a time or two and rotate the pans? or do you use a 24 cup pan?
thanks alot
Kiley

2 replies
megmarie Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 2:14pm
post #2 of 3

Hi Kiley -
I don't know about the Wilton Pans, but I own and LOVE the ones from Williams-Sonoma:
http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/sku1110568/?pkey=ccupcake-muffin-pans

I had a really flimsy pan that I always got bent out of shape when I would wash it. This one is reinforced and my papers fit great!

Kiddiekakes Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 2:16pm
post #3 of 3

I too got the wilton cupcake pans for Christmas from Hubby....Haven't used them yet though....I put 2 pans (12 each) in at once side by side and nothing below or they burn even though I bake on convection at 325.Maybe you need bigger liners.If that doesn't work then go buy some cheaper pans like Bakers Secret or something else..I wouldn't recommend the aluminum ones as they are hard to clean and they can stick.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%