Tips Needed On Getting Ccbc Smooth....please Help

Decorating By Lita829 Updated 20 Jan 2010 , 10:24pm by Lita829

Lita829 Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 4:57am
post #1 of 6

I've made several carrot cakes but I always have a problem getting the cream cheese buttercream smooth. I am able to do it with regular buttercream (the one with shortening and 10X sugar) but, for the life of me, I can never get the CCBC smooth icon_sad.gificon_cry.gif.

Does anyone have any tips that may help? Any responses are welcome and greatly appreciated icon_smile.gif

5 replies
lilthorner Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 5:56am
post #2 of 6

have you tried a wet spatula?

personally when i have a decorated cake that is carrot or red velvet, i fill with cream cheese and ice in buttercream.. only gets iced in cream cheese if it's a dessert cake

Lita829 Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 1:42pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilthorner

have you tried a wet spatula?

personally when i have a decorated cake that is carrot or red velvet, i fill with cream cheese and ice in buttercream.. only gets iced in cream cheese if it's a dessert cake

Thanks for the response icon_smile.gif I did try the hot spatula on it but it still wouldn't get completely smooth. I may have to do the same thing...only use CCBC on dessert or undecorated cakes.

lilthorner Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 3:33pm
post #4 of 6

i used cream cheese icing on the outside of a cake 1 time! they loved it, I hated it!

Elaine2581 Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 9:41pm
post #5 of 6

I have found that adding some meringue powder and refrigerating the cake help quite a bit. I can never get it as smooth as regular buttercream but those who like the taste usually don't mind a few imperfections. You have to work fast or keep refrigerating as you smooth if using the VIVA paper towels; otherwise they will stick and make it look worse instead of better. Always worth trying again.

Lita829 Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 10:24pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to give your method a try , Elaine, before I give cream cheese buttercream the boot from my kitchen. LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%