Cookies For A Bake Sale

Baking By krm52200 Updated 20 Jan 2010 , 5:28am by luv2bake6

krm52200 Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 12:04am
post #1 of 9

My husband's company is hosting a bake sale to raise money for the victims of the Haiti earthquake. I've been asked to make cookies and cupcakes. I have no problem with the cupcakes but I'm not sure what kind of cookies to do.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks -

8 replies
mishlove Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 12:12am
post #2 of 9

Everyone loves Chocolate Chip and Peanut Butter Cookies.

krm52200 Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 12:14am
post #3 of 9

Thanks Mish. I agree with you but I'm trying to come up with something different since everyone will probably go with the choc. chip and peanut butter standbys.

pbeckwith Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 12:16am
post #4 of 9

I did really fancy sugar cookies for a high school band sale once - they sold them for $1. each. Just a simple round cookie with Toba's glace and royal icing drop flowers with some swirls etc around the edges.

newmansmom2004 Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 12:19am
post #5 of 9

How about a nice grown-up cookie like a ginger cookie or a lemon-cardamom cookie? OR...a couple of my favorites are snickerdoodles and those peanut butter cookies with the hershey kiss in the middle. I can't stop eating those so I rarely make them! LOL!

Also - if you want an easy and grown-up cookie, there's a recipe for pecan pie bars from Southern Living. Just google "pecan pie bar and southern living" and you'll get the recipe. It was in one of their annual Christmas books back around 2002 or so. I get RAVE reviews on that one when I send it to hubby's office for special events.

Let us know what you decide.

krm52200 Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 12:21am
post #6 of 9

Thats almost exactly what I was thinking of doing but I wasn't sure how they would go over at a bake sale. I was also thinking of doing the melting snowmen. I think I'm just going to go with it and do some of both!

Thanks for the reply!

krm52200 Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 12:24am
post #7 of 9

Thanks, newsmansmom, I like your suggestions. We try to steer away from anything with nuts. Our son has severe allergies so we are always worried about the possibility of someone else's potential allergies.

I love those things with the kisses too!

prterrell Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 2:22am
post #8 of 9

There's a recipe on epicurious for orange-cardamom cookies. They are soooo good!

Here's the link:

I sprinkled the top with Sugar In the Raw before baking.

There's a ton of other great cookie recipes on that website, BTW.

luv2bake6 Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 5:28am
post #9 of 9

chocolate crinkle cookies are a fave around here.

Quote by @%username% on %date%