Your Most Requested Chocolate And Vanilla/white Cake?

Baking By Ritakk Updated 21 Jan 2010 , 5:12pm by Ritakk

Ritakk Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 7:29pm
post #1 of 10

I need a really good Chocolate Cake that will bake nice and moist but yet be firm. Does anyone have a favorite Chocolate Cake they get requests for or a White or Basic Vanilla Cake? I'd like to start with regular cake mixes if I can. I will be using the 12 x 15 Cake pan if that matters. So I will need at least 2 cake mixes to start with!

Thank you CC'ers!
Ritakk

9 replies
CarrieBear Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 7:51pm
post #2 of 10

chocolate wasc recipe.

this can be doubled if needed of course

1 choc fudge cake Mix
1 c cake flour
1 1/4 c sugar
1/3 c cocoa powder
1/2 t salt
1 pkg chocolate fudge pudding mix
4 egg whites or 3 whole eggs
1 c sour cream
1 c coffee
1/2 c chocolate milk
1/3 c oil
1 t almond extract (you can omit or use chocolate extract too)
1 t vanilla extract

bake @325 until toothpick comes clean

Ritakk Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 2:45pm
post #3 of 10

Thank you! Does this cake rise pretty high? I was wondering how it would do with cupcakes as well. Chocolate milk, is that the premade chocolate milk in containers you buy at grocery store? Thanks,
Rita

CarrieBear Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 4:53pm
post #4 of 10

you can just buy chocolate milk from the store, sometimes instead of buying a seperate thing of chocolate milk just for that I just use chocolate syrup if I have it on hand and mix it with regular milk instead to make it in a small batch.

It stays fairly level in pans. usually when I make cake I use cake flour, when I make cupcakes I use regular flour. Jut my preference.

sometimes the chocolate recipes can get really thick if it seems too thick after adding all the ingredients, I just add more liquid until the consistancy is right...

Ritakk Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 5:22pm
post #5 of 10

Thank you for answering the question. Another one.... coffee? Is that instant coffee grounds, or instant coffee dissolved in liquid? icon_wink.gif
Thanks again.

Donnagardner Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 5:34pm
post #6 of 10

Brewed coffe cooled down.

CarrieBear Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 9:03pm
post #7 of 10

OH yes make sure its cooled down icon_biggrin.gif

I have done both, if I dont want to brew an entire pot of coffe I have used instant coffee mixed into water.

In some chocolte recipes I will just throw instant coffee granules in it to boost the chocolate flavor too.

Elaine2581 Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 9:23pm
post #8 of 10

If you want to use boxed cake mixes, I have very good success and great reviews from those who eat my cakes using The Cake Doctor Cake Mix Cookbook. The buttermilk devil's food for chocolate and the batter for the caramel or Bride's cake for the vanilla one. Hope that helps.

Win Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 9:42pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine2581

If you want to use boxed cake mixes, I have very good success and great reviews from those who eat my cakes using The Cake Doctor Cake Mix Cookbook. The buttermilk devil's food for chocolate and the batter for the caramel or Bride's cake for the vanilla one. Hope that helps.

Darn Good Chocolate Cake from Cake Mix Doctor as well and her version of white sour cream is a wonderful vanilla recipe as it does not use almond extract.

Ritakk Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 5:12pm
post #10 of 10

Thank you all! Matter of fact I have that Cake Doctor Book! I'll have to get it out and do some research! Thanks again!
Rita

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%