Missing Mom :(

Lounge By mommabuda Updated 21 Jan 2010 , 1:07am by conb

mommabuda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommabuda Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 6:01pm
post #1 of 7

My mom passed away November 28th and I am missing her so much. Thanks to her I got into cake decorating. She took the Wilton courses with me, even though she wasn't that good at it and she stuck through them all so we could do it together. I wanted nothing more than to make her proud. I'm planning on adding onto our house and opening my own cake business within a couple of years and now I want to do this more than ever. I'm only 26 years old. I just feel lost sometimes without her here. I'm hoping this gets easier in time icon_sad.gif

6 replies
suz3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suz3 Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 6:25pm
post #2 of 7

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost both my parents. I was 8 when my dad died and an adult when I lost my mom. It has been 30 years since my mom died and I still miss her every day. I'm sure your mom is very proud of you. You can pm me any time you just need someone to talk to.

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 8:58pm
post #3 of 7

I'm very sorry for your loss. I lost my mother 8 years ago and I think of her everyday. I miss her terribly. It has only been a short while for you and your emotions are still extremely raw. It never gets easier ( I hated when somebody told me this only 2 weeks after she passed away) it just gets different. I could finally think of her and tell stories about her and smile. It took me a long time to be able to do that.

I was able to have her for 28 years and I'm so glad I was able to be her daughter. She taught me love and compassion (I'm tearing up just thinking about her but also with a smile). I try to think of all the years I got to have her in my life instead of thinking about her last day.

There is no right way to mourn a loss. Yell, scream, cry or do whatever you have to do to let your emotions out. It's important to talk to someone. If you ever need a person to just listen, you can absolutely pm me whenever.

From one daughter to another, again I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 12:52am
post #4 of 7

I am so sorry for your loss. I too have experienced this loss.
ladyellam is right on with her wisdom. It never gets easier....just different. I lost my mom 7 years ago. I miss her everyday, as you will.

I know what you mean when you say you feel lost. There is so much I still needed her for. So much I still needed her to teach me. There are days I feel cheated because I didn't get more time with her.

I am thankful for all the wonderful memories, all the time I did get, that we had a great relationship, that she did teach me so much but mostly I'm thankful that she was such a loving, caring and patient mother and later in life friend.

((((((HUGS)))))

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 2:05am
post #5 of 7

I truly am sorry for your loss, and as previous posters have said, it doesn't get easier but it will get better.

Be sure that your mother is proud of you and I believe that those we love are never truly gone.

Each beat of your heart, and every breath is a part of who she was and lives on through you.

Know that she is watching over you and one day we will all be reunited with those that we love.

Open up that bakery and I am sure your Mom will be there guiding you every step of the way....

((((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))))

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 4:07am
post #6 of 7

I'm right there with you. I lost my beloved mom 3 years ago and I still think of her every day and shed tears for her a couple times a week. The other's are right, it doesn't get easier, just different is a good way to put it. It feels weird but you just go on. It took me over a year before I could talk about her without boohooing (which I am doing right now reading this thread). I just want to hear her voice again. My heart goes out to you.

conb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conb Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 1:07am
post #7 of 7

I too am sorry for your loss. I lost my mom in August of 08. I think we all have good days and bad days. I really miss my mom too and especially for my son who is only 9. He will never get to know the full extent of her love. Follow through on your dream and your mom will be right by your side.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%