Does Anyone Know - Tractor Help??

Decorating By Rhonda19 Updated 21 Jan 2010 , 3:33pm by Rhonda19

Rhonda19 Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 3:15pm
post #1 of 5

I am trying to make a BD cake for a 3 year old child. His mother is a friend of my DIL's and as a favor I told her I would make the cake. Not realizing the mother wanted a tractor on the cake.

I have no Idea how to even begin to make a tractor. I have tried one yesterday, and it looks like a Hot Rod Car!! (LOL) Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks

4 replies
tastyart Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 5

Do you have pictures of a tractor to use as reference? I usually can't make something like that without a picture to look at. There are also some awesome looking tractors in the gallery. How big are you making it?

lillidalla Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 3:32pm
post #3 of 5

I'd suggest purchasing a food-safe John Deere kit if one is available in your area and creating a background of a plowed field. I made one as part of a 50th anniversary celebration...you can see my photos for such. I would think it would be very labor intensive to create a tractor from gumpaste or fondant. Good luck!

leah_s Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 3:32pm
post #4 of 5

For a three year old I'd make a farm field (maybe with rows of crops) and get a toy tractor to plop down on top. Seriously, free cakes are not gonna be that involved out of my kitchen. And the kiddo would get a toy trator.

Rhonda19 Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 3:33pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you everyone!! I appreciate the help, but I decided to go with a racing cake. I called the childs mother, and she told me she didn't care what I made... the only thing she asked was if I could use Bright Colors, and decorate the cake for a boy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%