Does Anyone Know - Tractor Help??

Decorating By Rhonda19 Updated 21 Jan 2010 , 3:33pm by Rhonda19

Rhonda19  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonda19 Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 3:15pm
post #1 of 5

I am trying to make a BD cake for a 3 year old child. His mother is a friend of my DIL's and as a favor I told her I would make the cake. Not realizing the mother wanted a tractor on the cake.

I have no Idea how to even begin to make a tractor. I have tried one yesterday, and it looks like a Hot Rod Car!! (LOL) Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks

4 replies
 tastyart  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastyart Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 5

Do you have pictures of a tractor to use as reference? I usually can't make something like that without a picture to look at. There are also some awesome looking tractors in the gallery. How big are you making it?

lillidalla  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lillidalla Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 3:32pm
post #3 of 5

I'd suggest purchasing a food-safe John Deere kit if one is available in your area and creating a background of a plowed field. I made one as part of a 50th anniversary celebration...you can see my photos for such. I would think it would be very labor intensive to create a tractor from gumpaste or fondant. Good luck!

leah_s  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 3:32pm
post #4 of 5

For a three year old I'd make a farm field (maybe with rows of crops) and get a toy tractor to plop down on top. Seriously, free cakes are not gonna be that involved out of my kitchen. And the kiddo would get a toy trator.

Rhonda19  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonda19 Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 3:33pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you everyone!! I appreciate the help, but I decided to go with a racing cake. I called the childs mother, and she told me she didn't care what I made... the only thing she asked was if I could use Bright Colors, and decorate the cake for a boy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%