Nothing In Particular...just Want To Vent Out

Decorating By sweetpea223 Updated 20 Jan 2010 , 3:34pm by sweetpea223

sweetpea223 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetpea223 Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 2:45pm
post #1 of 5

my frustration lately in the kitchen. It started Saturday when I wanted to bake cookies for my niece's wedding today...had the butter out all morning and after lunchtime it wasn't soft enough yet! Had to wait...so I started to prep my ingredients for the red velvet cake...Finally, the butter softened enough and I finally got myself going. Then the cake...after it went to the oven, realized I missed an ingredient! Too late...so had to make a new batch. Made dinner after that...and later that night forgot that I still had the stove on low for my soup!!! Geez, will anything go right?
Sunday comes and now I roll and cut the cookies and then make the cream cheese buttercream icing, decorating icing for the cookies...watch the football game in between. No time to make dinner so hubby suggests pizza...Last night I iced the cake....the icing is not the consistency I would have wanted...O well....it isn't my weekend for baking. Am not happy with the results but I hope my niece will appreciate it. Luckily the gathering is not formal...just a family get-together. But still... icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

4 replies
kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 2:49pm
post #2 of 5

Oh, don't you just HATE days like that? Sorry for your frustration...I bet tho, that everyone at the wedding was thrilled with your offering!

Hope this week is better for you thumbs_up.gif

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 3:14pm
post #3 of 5

It's those little things that build up and cause the "cloud" to form. All by themselves, they would have been nothing, but to have each of them accumulate on top of each other over the course of the process is nerve wracking. That same sort of thing happened to me while I worked on my Harry Potter cake (had to make it twice in the end.) I haven't had much to do since that cake, and so I'm a little afraid when I go back into the kitchen next week to work on a birthday project that the "jinx" will hold. icon_biggrin.gif

It's just good to know I'm not the only one who has days like this, so thanks for sharing (and I hope it was cathartic for you.) Hugs and well wishes for a better day today!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 3:15pm
post #4 of 5

I'm a firm believer when one thing goes wrong, many things go wrong. Law of the kitchen or something like that.

I'm sorry you had one of those weekends. Just remember it's a new week. icon_smile.gif

sweetpea223 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetpea223 Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 3:34pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks everyone for having the time to read my frustrations... the wedding went well, the bouquet I made for her went well, hubby brought all my baked goods in perfect condition...happy it made to the groom's house in the same condition I left it.

Guess what? my luck didn't end yesterday...as I laid out the cookies on the table, the box where I had all the cookies dropped! Well, some cookies broke. icon_cry.gif all the hard work of icing it and bagging it...

Anyway, it all turned out fine. The cake was appreciated and admired, cookies were good...and the festivities went on as always. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%