Doing Testing, Need Your Opinions

Decorating By motherofgrace Updated 20 Jan 2010 , 1:55am by motherofgrace

motherofgrace Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 6:23am
post #1 of 14

so ive started sending out samples of my cake truffle flavors to see what people think before I open in april at the farmers market.

the only person who has given me feed back said " he didnt like the carrot flavor" (there was no carrot flavor icon_confused.gif lol) And to lose the sticks

Now the reason why I did them on sticks is
1. Cost, the boxes were way too much for me so I induvidually wrapped them so when you pick a flavor I could put it in a pretty bag.

2. For health reasons, so I wont be touching the actual truffle, just the stick

What do you guys think? Should I keep it the way I though it was better, listen to him and raise my prices $.75 a box, or just wait to see what other people think?

13 replies
Renaejrk Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 7:19am
post #2 of 14

I wouldn't go by only one comment, try to get a few more opinions. I kind of like the stick and bag idea, but that's just me!

motherofgrace Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 7:32am
post #3 of 14

thank you!

He had also said that the wrapper was hard to open, it was a regualr candy wrapper, that I heat sealed (like a regular lollypop)

hehe Ill be handing out some more tomorrow.

And do you think its weird he said he didnt like the carrot flavor.... when there wasnt one lol

Renaejrk Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 7:35am
post #4 of 14

yeah, that was strange - what flavors were there? Maybe his tastebuds are off! (or maybe HE is! lol)

FleurDeCake Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 7:41am
post #5 of 14

i agree... dont change anything based on one opinion...if that were the case you will be changing your way of doing things alll the time .... do what feels right to you. IMHO i think the sticks were a really good and cost effective idea as well as safe.

motherofgrace Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 7:59am
post #6 of 14

thank you both, Im reassured now lol (you know opening day jitters)

the flavors were-

chocolate chip cookie dough
peanut butter cup
cinnamon bun
and chocolate mint

(you know this guy is kinda off in general lol)

I used the candy bags from bulk barn (dont know if you know them)

motherofgrace Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 8:01am
post #7 of 14

my only guess would ahve been the vanilla (even that I dont get icon_confused.gif ) because I use french vanilla WASC... next time Im just going for regular

chocolatestone Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 8:38am
post #8 of 14

My guess is that he mistook the cinnamon bun flavour for carrot cake and didn't like it cause it wasn't familiar to him

LaBellaFlor Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 3:00pm
post #9 of 14
Originally Posted by chocolatestone

My guess is that he mistook the cinnamon bun flavour for carrot cake and didn't like it cause it wasn't familiar to him

I think thats exactly what he did.

TexasSugar Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 3:13pm
post #10 of 14

Are you just asking for feedback? I'd make up a quick little postcard size questionaire for them to fill out. Ask the question you want to know and give the 1-5 answers of like or dislike. You can put a "other comments" part of it for anything additional. That way they know exactly what you need to know.

As others said you need more opinions before you change how you do things. And you will probably get a mixture of opinions that will say yes we like this and no we don't like this. So be prepared for that as well.

motherofgrace Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 5:57pm
post #11 of 14

thanks guys, and no i know it wasnt the cinnamon bun becasue he said he liked that flavor lol

yea ill make up cards!

LaBellaFlor Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 5:59pm
post #12 of 14

Really?!?!? icon_confused.gif Then I don't know what he was tasting. Yup, quacked taste buds. Do further research and GOOD LUCK!

Mike1394 Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 6:54pm
post #13 of 14

Lose the sticks, and wrappers. Get some gloves. The cost of boxes will very soon be offset by the cost of the sticks, and the TIME it takes to do them.

motherofgrace Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 1:55am
post #14 of 14

but the sticks take no longer then without them! and also they tend to look nicer. the cost is 10cents for my combo compared to the 25 cents for the boxes lol.

thanks tho!

Quote by @%username% on %date%