Help W/ White Chocolate Ganache Recipe

Sugar Work By juniecakes Updated 10 Feb 2010 , 2:26am by juniecakes

juniecakes Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 5:25am
post #1 of 9

Can anyone please help me with a white chocolate ganache recipe I can use as a candy filling? I'm looking for something with a smooth velvet texture. icon_biggrin.gif

8 replies
de_montsoreau Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 11:38am
post #2 of 9

For chocolates I use 2,5 parts white chocolate to 1 part heavy cream. Chop the chocolate finely. Bring the cream to a boil an pour over chocolate. Stir until all chocolate is dissolved. Let it cool down to below 27 ° C (sorry am European, we use Celcius icon_lol.gif ) if you want to fill something with it. Can be flavoured with all sorts of liquor which makes the texture of the canache smoother. This canache is called a Praliné-Canache.

Hope that helps!

Melnick Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 11:46am
post #3 of 9

The usual ratio is 3 parts choc to 1 part cream. You need the higher choc ratio because the white choc is softer. DON"T use the eating blocks of chocolate. I used Cadbury Dream once and it didn't work. Nestle white choc melts work well.

pattycakesnj Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 12:15pm
post #4 of 9

I use Ghiradelli white chocolate chips, 3 to 1 ratio and I too add flavorings after it is all melted

juniecakes Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 2:14pm
post #5 of 9

Thank you all so much!! I was really in a pinch and needed something quick! icon_smile.gif

juniecakes Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 7:21pm
post #6 of 9

Ok I know it's been a little while. I made bon bons using the ganache as center. They were delish!!! They didn't last very long. I had a few family members ask about some for Valentines Day. My question is do they need to be refrigerated due to the heavy cream?

juniecakes Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 4:14pm
post #7 of 9

Anyone?

pattycakesnj Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 12:07am
post #8 of 9

no ganache does not need to be refrigerated

juniecakes Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 2:26am
post #9 of 9

Thank you so much. I was worried about making someone sick.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%