Cake Board/base Question

Decorating By doublecz1103 Updated 19 Jan 2010 , 3:09pm by SecretAgentCakeBaker

doublecz1103 Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 5:13am
post #1 of 5

i'm looking for the website with a tutorial or instructions on how to make a certain cake base. from what i remember it kind of looked like fabric was tucked around the board and it formed like a "pillow" effect. hopefully someone knows what i'm talking about. i know it's been mentioned on here before

4 replies
mamawrobin Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 5:34am
post #2 of 5

Can't find the tutorial but Chef_Stef has a cake in the Children's Birthday Cake gallery with this type of board.

poohthebear Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 6:44am
post #3 of 5

It took me an hour of going thru my history but I found it!!!! Earlene's website talks about them under her wedding cakes. They are called puff bases, and you can order directions on how to make them. However, I didn't see how to do that. But I hope this helps.

doublecz1103 Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 2:21pm
post #4 of 5


Quote by @%username% on %date%