Rosie2 Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 6:47pm
post #32 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar_Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieceacake830

michaels has small strings of lights like these year round, in the floral department...

Hi, I looked at Michales and couldn't find the lights...do you know the brand? or size maybe? Thank you!!!

I got some at Michaels yesterday. They are called Ashland Mini Light Garland and were in the floral section. They only had dark green but they will do fine.

Thank you Sugar Bunny I will go to Michaels as soon as I get out of work icon_smile.gif

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 6:51pm
post #33 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadEyes

Anseli, I hate to be a bother but when I go to the Flickr page I get very small pics of Nos. 3, 4, 7, 11; don't know if anyone else is having that problem but it is driving me crazy. Could you please PM the instructions to me at [email protected] please, please, plese. ..... and thanks

I also get all the pics small and if I zoom or englarge the text becomes blurry. So, I've never been able to access/read the tutorial icon_cry.gif

infinitsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infinitsky Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 7:12pm
post #34 of 47

Thank you for sharing this, it is amazing. I like your flickr page.... icon_smile.gif

divinecc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecc Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 6:39pm
post #35 of 47
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar_Bunny

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieceacake830

michaels has small strings of lights like these year round, in the floral department...

Hi, I looked at Michales and couldn't find the lights...do you know the brand? or size maybe? Thank you!!!

I got some at Michaels yesterday. They are called Ashland Mini Light Garland and were in the floral section. They only had dark green but they will do fine.

Thank you Sugar Bunny I will go to Michaels as soon as I get out of work icon_smile.gif

They also have them in the christmas light section in white....only like $5!

Rosie2 Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 10:11pm
post #36 of 47

Thank you Divinecc!!

divinecc Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 3:52pm
post #37 of 47
Quote:

Thank you Divinecc!!

Your welcome! Has anyone tried making this yet besides the original post? Any suggestions or problems you ran into? I am going to make it next weekend......I'm not sure if I missed it but did she mention the cake size? I am thinking 12" ????

Rosie2 Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 7:52pm
post #38 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by divinecc

Quote:

Thank you Divinecc!!

Your welcome! Has anyone tried making this yet besides the original post? Any suggestions or problems you ran into? I am going to make it next weekend......I'm not sure if I missed it but did she mention the cake size? I am thinking 12" ????

I haven't tried but I want to...I'm just scared icon_redface.gificon_biggrin.gif it seems like a very hard project. And no, I don't think she mentioned the cake size.

Good luck!! thumbs_up.gif

dessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dessert1st Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 1:57am
post #39 of 47

Oh My !! That's about all I can say. That may be the most amazing cake I have ever seen! Wow! I think I'm going to have to try one...

Thank you so much for sharing.

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 2:09am
post #40 of 47

Fantastic cake and thanks so much for taking the time to do the tutorial.

Isacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Isacake Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 3:30am
post #41 of 47

Thank you so much Anxeli, I have already plan to do this cake as a gift this christmas. I had a really hard time to find the lights online, no one seems to ship to Canada! After 2 evenings of searching internet, I finally found them in California. They cost only 5$ each set but the shipping cost me 24$!!! But you know what? I did not care at all because this design is so worth it! This cake is one of the most creative and amazing I have ever seen.

divinecc Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 4:13pm
post #42 of 47

She just PM'd me back and said the cake size was 12" on her first cake and the 2nd (one in the tutorial) was 14" if anyone is interested!

Sugar_Bunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Bunny Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 4:22pm
post #43 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by divinecc

Quote:

Thank you Divinecc!!

I saw in the gallery about a week ago that someone had made it. I'll be making mine the week before Christmas and it's going to be a 9" chocolate fruit cake icon_smile.gif

Sugar_Bunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Bunny Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 5:29pm
post #44 of 47

Here's my version of the cake if anyone is interested:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1900004.html

I'm still new to cake decorating so it's not as good as the orginal but I'm happy with the way it turned out icon_smile.gif

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 6:42pm
post #45 of 47

It's lovely, I imagine you are very pleased with it!
You guys are so clever with all the lighting and things, I have never tried doing anything like it and I'm not sure I will - seems way complicated!

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 7:22pm
post #46 of 47

OP, thank you so much for the time and effort to create that wonderful tutorial--that is the way I learn best!

Sugar_Bunny, that cake is awesome for a "4th fondant cake".

Everybody else, I won't be able to make one this year, but would love it if anyone else who makes one would post photos for the rest of us on this thread like Sugar_Bunny did so we can see the different versions.

Merry Christmas everyone!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 1:16am
post #47 of 47

This cake is outstanding. Your tutorial is wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%