Cake Orders & Timing. Help!

Decorating By ginger6361 Updated 19 Jan 2010 , 3:52am by ginger6361

ginger6361 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ginger6361 Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 10:32pm
post #1 of 3

I am hoping that my CC friends can give me some tips on cake orders. I love to do cakes and have done for several years for family, friends and special occassions for 20 years. I work full time, so my time is limited. But I am sure I am not the only one out there in the same boat. I would love to start taking orders, but am afraid I may get more than I barging for, and won't be able to produce. I do not have a team at my disposal. Must I freeze cakes? How much BC and MMF do you need to make in advance and how far in advance can you make it? ETC ETC How do you organize it all! thanks

2 replies
RetiredNavyChief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RetiredNavyChief Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 3:40am
post #2 of 3

Hi, yeap riding the same boat here. I make alot for family, and take orders when i can get them. I usually start baking on the weekend before and freeze. I give myself 3 days, day one thaw and crumb coat, next day add the buttercream layers and or fondant and last day do the decorating. It really depends on the extent of decorations. I usually dont get started until 6 after i get home from work, so i try not to over do it. I usually make my icing while the cakes are baking the weekend before. Hope all this helps. Good luck

ginger6361 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ginger6361 Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 3:52am
post #3 of 3

Yes it does, thanks so much!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%