Wisconsin

Business By Mabma80 Updated 21 Jan 2010 , 9:39pm by jenmat

Mabma80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mabma80 Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 8:39pm
post #1 of 8

Anybody in Wisconsin?? I just moved to Madison from Minnesota and was wondering what the rules are here for cakes?? And if you know the websites to go to find information.

THanks!!

7 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 8:51pm
post #2 of 8

i think there is a pretty detailed list on here, maybe under links, or else it will be somewhere in articles.
xx

CarrieBear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarrieBear Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 9:09pm
post #3 of 8

in the forum that talks about states that allows license of home bakers theres a spreadsheet that shows if states license home bakers or not

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-586218.html

under WI it says no, but you may need to double check a state website or something.

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 2:46am
post #4 of 8

Welcome to WI, Mabma80.
Each county is different. I am up in Brown County, and I can have a separate kitchen in my home. Check with the Health Dept, or check the Dept of Ag website, and it should give you what you need.

love2makecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
love2makecakes Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 3:17pm
post #5 of 8

Check with your city or township first, then your county. Each city and county have different rules.

I have a seperate commerical kitchen in my home. The basic rules apply such as washable surfaces, 3 bowl sink, vents if needed, etc. I get inspected by the HD and have to pay license fees once a year.

luv2bake4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake4u Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 11:23pm
post #6 of 8

Hi Guys from Wisconsin,
Do you guys need a seperate entrance to your kitchen,? I would like to do a kitchen in my basement but I don't have any exits, I would have to go upstairs and through main house to exit.

love2makecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
love2makecakes Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 11:43pm
post #7 of 8

my first kitchen was in a renovated 10x11 bedroom! that was tight! you had to go through the house to enter that room so in my county that is okay. over the summer we built a new and bigger kitchen in the lowest level of my house that happens to have an entrance from the garage so no more going through the house.

check with your town and county.

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 9:39pm
post #8 of 8

Yep, what Crioves said. Check with your county. I didn't have to have a separate entrance. We built the house on top of the bakery so to speak. The rest of the basement isn't finished yet, and they didn't seem to mind, as long as I have doors that close it in. Round here, the dept is really great, as long as you stay on top of things.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%