Homemade Fondant With Tylose?

Decorating By Ritakk Updated 19 Jan 2010 , 10:36pm by brincess_b

Ritakk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ritakk Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 8:14pm
post #1 of 12

I am looking for a foolproof homemade fondant that you add Tylose to. I bought my Tylose, but want to make the Fondant from scratch. I want to put this thru my Cricut Personal Cutter. Does anyone have a recipe to share that worked for them with the Cricut Cutter?

Is there any other info out there or tutorials on using the cricut and Fondant in cutting out shapes, letters, etc.???? Please help me someone. Take me under your wing! Guide me please! icon_cry.gif
Thank you
Ritakk

11 replies
madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 8:29pm
post #2 of 12

my elmo that I just made is mmf with tylose in the decorations

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherrycanary62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherrycanary62 Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 9:37pm
post #4 of 12

Lorraine McKay just usually buys her fondant and adds tylose. So If you want to make it yourself I would suggest MFF (Michelle Fosters Fondant). I have added tylose to MFF and MMF and it works great either way.

hth

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 9:51pm
post #5 of 12

I don't have a cricut, so I can't attest to that, but I make and use MFF always and that's all I use. I add tylose to it all the time for my figures, etc.

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 9:53pm
post #6 of 12

What does tylose do to the fondant. I use Michele Fosters fondant with out it and love the recipe. So am curious as to what tylose does?

Renaejrk Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 10:02pm
post #7 of 12

The tylose helps it harden and dry faster, it bonds it together so it is more like gumpaste. I only use this for making figures, flowers, plaques, etc.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 10:07pm
post #8 of 12

to simplify, tylose turns fondant to gumpaste. not quite the same, but close enough for most projects.
xx

Renaejrk Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 10:21pm
post #9 of 12

yup

Ritakk Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 3:30pm
post #10 of 12

Thanks for the link. But has anyone tried it with the cricut? Or does the Tylose just make any fondant good enough to use in the cricut? Where is the other recipe? Michelle's Fondant?

Ritakk Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 5:53pm
post #11 of 12

Never mind I found it! Still need the question answered about the cricut though? anyone try the homemade fondant with tylose? Thanks.
Also, can I add the tylose to MMF? Thanks again!
Rita

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 10:36pm
post #12 of 12

you can add the tylose to any fondant.
as for the cricut, i havent tried it, but i believe it will work with any gumpaste, and this is close enough. i would at least be optimisitic! just add the tylose to a small bit fondant so you can experiment.
xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%