Navy Fondant

Decorating By keyshia Updated 19 Jan 2010 , 12:01am by keyshia

keyshia Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 7:10pm
post #1 of 7

I apologize if this topic has already been covered. i could not locate it with the search. Does anyone know where I can buy Navy Colored fondant? If it's not something I can buy, how would I achieve that color?

thanks in advance,

6 replies
Renaejrk Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 10:28pm
post #2 of 7

I'm not sure if satinice or any other brands have that - I make mine so I wouldn't know. I would check their specific websites.

Americolor has a navy gel color that would be perfect. You could use a basic blue and add black though if you couldn't get any navy. If you start with a light chocolate you won't have to use as much color, though chocolate is not always an option.

keyshia Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 10:34pm
post #3 of 7

thanks Renae...Iw as being lazy...didn't really wanna do it myself. icon_smile.gif Oh much for the lazy me. icon_smile.gif

Renaejrk Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 10:42pm
post #4 of 7

hahaha - I understand - I can't afford to buy it so I don't have a choice! lol You may be able to find it online though!

vickymacd Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 10:52pm
post #5 of 7

In my gallery, I made a navy blue purse. I'm very pleased at the color that it
turned out, but it was difficult to achieve and I took it drip of color by drip of color. I use only Americolors. Started with their blue and worked in black. Little by little. But it turned out the navy color that I needed.
It can be done if you can't find whatever brand you were searching for.

djs328 Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 10:59pm
post #6 of 7

Americolor Navy is a good color. ANd it will darken over time (like red does) so do it ahead of time and wait. icon_smile.gif I learned the patience lesson on my Yankees graduation cake!

keyshia Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 12:01am
post #7 of 7

Thanks Ladies. I guess in reality it's cheaper for me to just color it myself anyway. I can get the fondant here locally and wouldn't have to pay shipping. I'm sure it will turn out just fine. icon_smile.gif I'll go hit up the americolor Navy...I am a BIG fan of their colors!

Quote by @%username% on %date%