Where To Get This Cake Plate?

Decorating By kileyscakes Updated 18 Jan 2010 , 7:40pm by artscallion

kileyscakes Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 11

I was wondering if anyone knows of a place to get cake plates like this with the ribbon and some that come in different sizes to stack for a cupcake stand. The one in this pic is 50 bucks and I just thought that was high priced?
Thanks
[/img]
LL

10 replies
Win Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 5:37pm
post #2 of 11

I've seen these in various sizes in TJMaxx --but that is a case of "may or may not be there when you are there." I've also seen them in Hobby Lobby in the wedding department. The advantage of Hobby Lobby is that you can use your 40% off coupon. Of course, the ribbon is interchangeable and can be matched to whatever you desire your overall look to be.

Edited to add the highest I've ever seen one is about $24.99... large sized.

Renaejrk Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 5:38pm
post #3 of 11

I have one kind of like that, I got it at Hobby Lobby, but that was a while back. I'm not sure who would just have them in stock - you may have to keep doing searches. I only paid like 10 bucks for mine.

katystinykitchen Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 5:52pm
post #6 of 11

I saw those at Marshalls and loved it!! I should of bought it!

KHalstead Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 7:10pm
post #7 of 11

Martha stewart has some of those at Kmart as well

newmansmom2004 Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 7:15pm
post #8 of 11

HomeGoods has a very similar cake plate if you have a store near you. The ribbon doesn't normally come with a plate like this - - at least none that I've seen. HomeGoods prices are very good, too! Their plate like this was a 10" or 12" round, and I think it was either $14.99 or $19.99.

sillywabbitz Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 7:21pm
post #9 of 11

I have one from TJMaxx just a heads up when you're looking for them the ones I have seen don't come with the ribbon, so you will be looking at an all white cake plate with slats around the edges. It is a great cake plate because you can change out the ribbon to match the theme.

auntmamie Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 7:36pm
post #10 of 11

TJ Maxx and Homegoods are the same chain. Marshalls, too.

Homegoods is a very dangerous store for me to be in icon_sad.gif I want too much of the decor section!

artscallion Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 7:40pm
post #11 of 11

I've also seen those at HomeGoods. The prices there are incredible. Every year I take two weeks after Xmas off. One of the things I traditionally do during that time is spend an hour in HomeGoods searching for platters, dishes and cake stands.

I always walk out of there with at least six or seven really interesting ones. And they are always a bargain. i usually pay between 9.99 and 19.99. But the usual price I pay is $12.99

In fact you can see some of them in my pics.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%