Aligning My Edible Images...

Decorating By cblupe Updated 26 Jan 2010 , 1:04pm by linedancer

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 4:51pm
post #1 of 18

I am new to edible image printing. Can someone help me align my stickers that I am printing ~ 12 to a page ~ ?

My image is not centered on each circle and I can't figure out how to edit the line spacing.

I am using print shop 2.0 if that helps.

Thanks so very much. I can call anyone willing to help me thru this step. icon_redface.gif

17 replies
cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 6:53pm
post #2 of 18

Anybody???

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 7:05pm
post #3 of 18

I use Kopycakes edible images and they give you a computer program that allows you to align perfectly images onto the sheets. Check with where you bought the sheets and maybe they have a program also.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 7:10pm
post #4 of 18

What brand are you using?

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 9:22pm
post #5 of 18

PM me your email and I will send over the circle program i have

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 9:38pm
post #6 of 18

You can download Edible Artist free and it's very user friendly. Just do a google search for it.

jewelsq Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelsq Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 2:18pm
post #7 of 18

I have been using Edible Artist (this is only my second image, first one came out super!!) and I'm having a heck of a time cropping. Only occasionally will it let me make the cropped shape and then MOVE the shape (oval) so I can center it over the logo I want to crop out. The video tutorial offered by edible artist doesn't always match my program...

icingimages Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 4:38pm
post #8 of 18

If you are using our brand of icing sheets, we have exclusive software that is free right now during its beta stage.

jewelsq Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 7:52pm
post #9 of 18

I am referring to the program Edible Artist. I was looking for someone who has experience with that program.

icingimages, I was under the impression your icing sheets are only for Canons. I found it very difficult to get past the "choose a printer" spot on your website to even browse.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 8:48pm
post #10 of 18

jewelsq..All you do is use the pull down menu to find the printer that you have eg: Canon 1P3600 and it will tell you what sheets or cartidges you need for that model.All the sheets are compatible with any printer really whether Epson,Canon or HP...HTH

jewelsq Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 9:36pm
post #11 of 18

Thanks, but I have sheets, I have cartridges, everything lines up, and I have 2 programs.

I am looking for guidance on the Edible Artist program.

I have read topic after topic on edible images in these forums and have seen icingimages post that their product is for canon only. I use epson. Would I imagine that the sheets are the same? I would but would never presume so unless told.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 9:44pm
post #12 of 18

I have an epson and use edible artist.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 9:48pm
post #13 of 18

Well I guess next time I will mind my own business icon_confused.gif ...Just trying to help!!!

icingimages Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 11:07pm
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelsq

I am referring to the program Edible Artist. I was looking for someone who has experience with that program.

icingimages, I was under the impression your icing sheets are only for Canons. I found it very difficult to get past the "choose a printer" spot on your website to even browse.

You will need to select the printer you are using. You can use our icing sheets in any printer, you cant use our inks in every printer! What printer do you have

jewelsq Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 12:14am
post #15 of 18

icingimages, I have Epson NX415. Your website says "Icing Images sells supplies for Canon printers only." Since the supplies (icing sheets) I need are for my epson, I can't even get past the pull-down menus to look at the icing sheets page. Am I missing something?

My question about Edible Artist was regarding the cropping. The tutorial says I should be able to right click and 'move' the crop mark. That doesn't happen. I was trying to crop an oval and it was especially tempermental about keeping the crop marking and allowing me to move the oval.

On the beginning screen, as I scroll over the icing sheets, the tutorial says a description will be highlighted describing the icing sheet. That doesn't happen either. I guess it's just tempermental.

I also just downloaded what I'm not sure to be an upgrade. I will try to reboot my computer later and see if there's a difference.

I eventually got the right oval (it was over a logo, so it was tough) but after some frustration. The program is still fantastic and the icing sheet came out nice.

icingimages, I'd be happy to look at your icing sheets and program.

icingimages Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 12:59am
post #16 of 18

I have not used Edible Artist much. Have you emailed them the question? I just downloaded it. Went to new design and clicked on the oval. Then I opened up a picture and it loaded it into my oval. I was able to go to print from there. I could not find the crop function though.

As for our products....you are absolutely correct in the way it is laid out. I will have my programmer fix it. Feel free to call our office toll free at 888-442-4648 and we can get you set up so you can order. Sorry about that.

jewelsq Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 2:19am
post #17 of 18

Debby, I will continue to play with edible artist. I chose the icing sheet size, loaded the photo, THEN clicked on photo tab (left side) which allowed me to click on crop button (on right). I could then choose a crop shape, make the crop shape but it it tempermental when allowing me to move the shape (for readjustment).

Alas, I will continue to play.

AND I will, at my earliest convenience, call your office and get myself set up. Your offer is just one more testament to the excellent reputation you have for customer service. Well done!

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 1:04pm
post #18 of 18

jewelsq you are quite correct when you say that the crop tool is tempermental, I do not use edible artist much, but was just playing with it after reading your thread. You can only adjust the crop when the pointing finger turns into a cross, and when or why that happens is anyones guess.

I tested software for a living back in the day and tried to find the common denominator for the cross to appear, but no luck. If you like other features of edible artist, I would probably crop my image with some other software before loading it.

Do you know that there is an arrow button on the imaging menu (right side) that takes you to the crop button after you have loaded your image? I accidentally found it..

As Debby said, if you really want to know how the cropping works, email them, they should be happy to help you. If you find out the secret, please post, so we all know. detective.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%