Black Fondant

Decorating By Eva1963 Updated 19 Jan 2010 , 2:15am by galliesway

Eva1963 Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 2:55pm
post #1 of 5

I was wondering if anyone had a way of making black fondant. Black besides red is one of the hardest colors to match. Doesn't matter how much black gel I use, it's always a dark grey color. Anyway, I know I can buy some at Michaels, but I need more than that little packet and it does add up. Anyway, if anyone knows a good recipe, please share it with me.
Thanks.
Eva

4 replies
greengyrl26 Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 3:09pm
post #2 of 5

I've found that the easiest way to get black fondant is to buy 5lbs of Satin Ice! It saves so much time, energy & grief! PLUS...Global Sugar Art has an amazing sale on it right now...cheaper than I've ever seen it. You can buy it now, and with shipping, it's still cheaper than I can buy it locally. HTH...

Renaejrk Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 10:36pm
post #3 of 5

I use Americolor super black and add it to the liquid before it goes with the dry ingredients. It works perfectly! I do decrease the glycerine a little in the recipe I use, and add a little tylose.

AngelaM Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 10:41pm
post #4 of 5

You can also try making your fondant by subbing some of the sugar for cocoa powder. That will give you a dark foundation to start with.

galliesway Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 2:15am
post #5 of 5

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/6971/true-black-mmf

I used in on my car cake in my photos disregard the cake itself it was a total disaster but eh black MMF was easy to make and work with.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%