Has Anyone Use Inkscape With The Cricut?

Decorating By lomikesa Updated 18 Jan 2010 , 11:09pm by lomikesa

lomikesa Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 4:24am
post #1 of 5

I downloaded Inkscape, but have no idea how to use it with my Cricut. Has anyone here know how to use it?

Thanks in advance for any information,

Lomikesa

4 replies
lomikesa Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 4:41pm
post #2 of 5

Anybody?

shanasweets Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 4:54pm
post #3 of 5

would love to know if you find a tutorial. i am having a heck of time understanding that program. there is a gal by name penny duncan, has a blog with some good videos and she is very helpful. she has a cupcake wrapper template there she helped me with.

tigerhawk83 Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 10:19pm
post #4 of 5

Inkscape doesn't directly link to Cricut. Inkscape is just one of several graphics programs that you can use to create or edit images into .svg format - which is what SCAL uses to. However SCAL (Sure Cuts a Lot) 2.0 now has it's own .svg converter so you don't have to have Inkscape. Unfortunately SCAL is not free (like Inkscape) - sells for @ $75 by CraftEdge. However it is cheaper than buying multiple cartridges for cricut. The technical stuff is that .bmp images are actually jagged pixels (blow up a .bmp image in Microsoft Paint and you'll see that) but .svg has smooth lines. .bmp however is much more widespread and easier to edit with programs like Paint, Gimp, etc.

There are lots of tutorials on YouTube - just search on Inkscape or SCAL.

lomikesa Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 11:09pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you Tigerhawk83!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%