Me And My Guy Dance Ideas

Decorating By brightbrats Updated 3 Feb 2010 , 5:34pm by brightbrats

brightbrats Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 2:49am
post #1 of 15

Girl scouts is having a Me and My guy dance, it is going to be a Valentine theme. I am in charge of it all.

So I was trying to think up an idea for the cake, any one ? I don't know yet how many will attend, but it should be quite a few. I was thinking a 2 or 3 tier cake. But not sure about the decorations on it. Any ideas would be helpful.

I am also in charge of the decorations. Anyone have any ideas on that too. I have so far on my list ...

red, pink and white balloons, paper hearts, tissue paper flowers, if not fake flowers, and thats about it so far.

We are having a DJ, photographer and I am also making wrist corsages. So if you have any other ideas I would really appreciate the help on any of these.

Can't wait, my daughter is 6 and is so excited about it. Its a semi-formal dance. i told her she could go to the hairdresser and get her hair fixed, and you would have thought I gave her $100. It was too cute.

thanks for the upcoming ideas.

lisa

14 replies
tatorchip Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 3:08am
post #2 of 15

what is the age range?

brightbrats Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 3:11am
post #3 of 15

Not sure if the older girls are coming or not, but t would probably be from 6-14 or so.

tatorchip Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 3:22am
post #4 of 15

I was thinking that maybe give each girl a pink heart with a number on the back and each boy a red heart with a number on the back and when a song picked in advance would come on they had to find the person that has the same number and dance to that song then after the song announce that everyone hand the heart over to the girl/boy on their right and later in the night play the song again. Maybe do it more than twice if they like it. In the time being they will mingle trying to see who has their number you can be sure.

cownsj Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 3:23am
post #5 of 15

Are individual cakes out of the question? I was thinking maybe bake a sheet cake and use a large heart cutter to cut individual cakes, buttercream on top, then a simple piping to outline it or something else.

turtlemommy Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 3:30am
post #6 of 15

For her birthday my daughter wanted a cake featuring The Princess dancing with her prince. After much thought on how to acomplish that, I came up with the cake you can see in my photos. (most recent one).

I used 4 x 8" rounds with the last round baked in a large pyrex bowl, it contains a lot more cake than it appears

tatorchip Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 3:35am
post #7 of 15

turtlemommy, that is so sweet and job well done.

Renaejrk Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 3:49am
post #8 of 15

I think a tiered heart cake would be nice - you could make it marbled with your 3 colors, or do 3 different colored tiers - add some pretty piping and voila! The kids would be so thrilled to have a "fancy" tiered cake.

cownsj Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 3:57am
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaejrk

I think a tiered heart cake would be nice - you could make it marbled with your 3 colors, or do 3 different colored tiers - add some pretty piping and voila! The kids would be so thrilled to have a "fancy" tiered cake.

Excellent idea!

brightbrats Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 2:00pm
post #10 of 15

Thanks for the tips so far.

Might not have mentioned it, but the Me and My Guy Dance, is a Father/Daughter dance, so I don't think they would want to dance with other fathers(tatorchip ), but sounds like a cool idea for a school dance.

Keep the ideas coming in.

Thanks

brightbrats Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 3:23pm
post #11 of 15

Just had a talk with 1 of the mothers. Do you guys think cupcakes or cake ?

I think cake, because it makes a preety centerpiece, but thats just my take on it. Anybody else ?

cownsj Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 3:39pm
post #12 of 15

I DEFINITELY think a cake would make all their eyes light up, and it would be something they will remember for years to come. And something they will talk about when they talk about this special dance.
Having said that, I don't see anything wrong with cupcakes either, but I do think I could do individual cutouts in the shape of a heart.

JustToEatCake Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 6:07pm
post #13 of 15

A cupcake tree with a cake on top. They can look spectacular IMO.

tatorchip Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 11:44pm
post #14 of 15

your right, I didn't know it was a father/daughter dance, sorry about that.
I think a girly cake would go over well. Lots of frills and hearts JMHO

brightbrats Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 5:34pm
post #15 of 15

Any other tips or ideas ? I've got most of the dance planned, but can't decided about the cake or cupcakes. Any body want to add their thoughts ?

Please, Lisa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%