Scaling Up! Help Finding Good Used Equip.

Decorating By sweetartbakery Updated 20 Jan 2010 , 12:09am by sweetartbakery

sweetartbakery Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 2:31am
post #1 of 3

Hi! I was on here a few months ago when I was fed up with my "real" job. Since then I have been given a space to start over with a bakery. It needs a lot of work, but it's rent free and I also have free wooded land across the road to build a house (we would be relocating to my home town-big move). I want to get used equip or at least know what is safe to get used... Any advice on website, auctions, supplies in pa? I am a pretty business plan and no competition (at least that I've been able to find). Its just starting up and getting everything that it stressing me out!

2 replies
snowshoe1 Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 2:23pm
post #2 of 3

Sounds like you have a lot of equipment to purchase, you may want to establish a relationship with a reputable restaurant supply store. Their prices may be more expensive but they usually refurbish the equipment and offer a warrenty. For example, when we were looking for a 20-qt hobart, our dealer offered us a refurbished with a 1-year warranty for $1600 - same prices I've seen on eBay (we ended up doing a barter with a neighboring caterer but I still needed to spend over $200 on a new whip and bowl, and I know at some point I'll need to pay to have the 'freebie' serviced).

How the heck did you get free rent!? I need that deal!

sweetartbakery Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 12:09am
post #3 of 3

yeah, I can't find a supplier because it's so rural! ugh. I'll have to ask around more. There has to be someone! free rent because the building in on my mom's land. It used to be a business years ago (A machine shop/race shop), so it will need a lot of love to become a bakery. allowing my kids to run the 4 acres of land while I bake, it so worth it!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%