How Do I...

Baking By Kandy4283 Updated 19 Jan 2010 , 6:09pm by Kandy4283

Kandy4283 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kandy4283 Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 2:29am
post #1 of 4

make an ice cream cake?? LOL!!! I shouldn't have to be asking this due to me working at the DQ and making the ice cream cakes there all day....but how would i do this at home? i see so many awesome ice cream cakes and how.....i always refer the customers that call me at home for an ice cream cake to the DQ, but I would love to change that and make the money myself rather than sending them to my work where i really only make like a couple dollars off the cake that i am making!

Any advice or ideas would be great!!!!

TIA!

3 replies
sweetlybaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlybaked Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 2:40am
post #2 of 4

This is how I do mine:

Bake the cake, put in freezer

Use same pan, line with waxed or parchment paper. Soften ice cream just a bit and press into pan. Stick into freezer until frozen again.

I put my cake on the bottom and flip ice cream out onto top. Freeze again.

Frost. I frost mine with pastry pride.

Pretty much just make sure you keep everything frozen and work fast. You can layer the cake and ice cream also. HTH!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 2:47am
post #3 of 4

Spring form pans make them easier!

And its amazing how much ice cream it really takes to make a whole cake! I made one this summer for someone and I used two tubs of ice cream and could have easily used a third. Yikes.

Kandy4283 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kandy4283 Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 6:09pm
post #4 of 4

wow! ok thanks for the advice! I will have to give this a try, my daughter is wanting an ice cream cake for her birthday feb 13th....perfect chance to try, then if it fails, i can just make her a regular cake and not have any worries! thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%