Help With Letter Cake

Decorating By msnrozier Updated 18 Jan 2010 , 3:09am by cownsj

msnrozier Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 2:06am
post #1 of 4

I've never done a letter cake before ummm never carved a cake either, but just got an order for B.I.G. and have no clue how to carve or shape!!

anyone with advise or links, PLZZZZ

and Thank you

Nikki

3 replies
cownsj Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 2:23am
post #2 of 4

First thing I'd do is go into one of your programs where you can experiment with differnt fonts. Find a font that will give you the style you want, but also that will allow you to cut and have enough cake to frost. Depending on the size you need each letter, you can either make your font large enough and print it out, then transfer that to cardboard. Or you can use a ruler, and draw out the letters you want onto cardboard. Bake your cake, level it, then put your pattern down on top of the cake and using a knife just cut straight down around the pattern.

msnrozier Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 2:58am
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cownsj

First thing I'd do is go into one of your programs where you can experiment with differnt fonts. Find a font that will give you the style you want, but also that will allow you to cut and have enough cake to frost. Depending on the size you need each letter, you can either make your font large enough and print it out, then transfer that to cardboard. Or you can use a ruler, and draw out the letters you want onto cardboard. Bake your cake, level it, then put your pattern down on top of the cake and using a knife just cut straight down around the pattern.

Thank you much, I will try either one, they both are good ideas.

cownsj Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 3:09am
post #4 of 4

You're very welcome. For my number "1" cake, I did just that. http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1551156

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%