Please Help Me With Ideas On How To Change This Cake Design

Decorating By ajmccray Updated 18 Jan 2010 , 10:46pm by mckaren

ajmccray Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 3:59am
post #1 of 4

I have another request for a minnie mouse ear cake. I have made this same cake several times so I'd like to try something a little different on this cake, but don't know what to do. I usually put a fabric ribbon around the bottom so I had thought about putting a fondant ribbon around the bottom and maybe another fondant bow along the bottom?? I also need to write happy birthday on it, but I'm thinking I'll do a little sign out of fondant for it. Any ideas or suggestions would be great! Thanks in advance!

Angela
LL

3 replies
dandelion56602 Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 4:08am
post #2 of 4

You could do red diamonds w/ black dots where they meet or red stripes about 1/2 " w/ smaller black stripes in between the red stripes on the side. Around the bottom I think a fondant ribbon w/ a small red bow in the front center would be cute

Darthburn Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 9:39am
post #3 of 4

There is a lot of white, that red and black sure would look nice filling some of it in. How about making the sides plaid? Change the ribbon for some fondant ball border in different sizes to make it a little more whimsical. Disney is all about fun and whimsical (HUGE Disney fan here... annual passport holder... i got about twice a month and I live 2.5 hours north if Disneyland).
Border on the top edge too. Maybe a heart pan since it's a Minnie Mouse. Bigger base - foam core board and put the fondant Mickey's all over that. Just some ideas.
Did I mention that is really cute how it is now also. Great job!

mckaren Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 10:46pm
post #4 of 4

Crikey! I'd go with darthburn's ideas. icon_eek.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%