New Addtions For My Bakery Case?

Business By heavenlys Updated 20 Jan 2010 , 4:27pm by Kayakado

heavenlys Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 2:50am
post #1 of 22

I picked up a 2 shelf case that sits on top of my regular bakery case and now i must fill it!!
What would you put in it? In our traditional case we have cinnamon rolls, caramel pecan rolls, cinnamon rasin rolls, cinnapple rolls, turnovers, muffins in 3 flavors, maple danish, raspberry danish, lemon danish, choc fulled croissant, bagels 3 flavors, cookies, ch chip, snickerdoodles, monster, a cookie of themonth, frosted sugar. Brownies and we rotate different bars.

we are thinking about addings some scones and biscotti. but other than that we are wide open to ideas.

21 replies
CakesbyCindi Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 3:02am
post #2 of 22

Scones sound good. I love the cranberry/orange ones...

CandyCU Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 3:06am
post #3 of 22

How about some mini fruit, custard or chocolate tarts, or some simple petit fours? or mini rum balls, or little coconut macaroons?

Really, you can introduce whatever you like, perhaps a mini gourmet range or even some gluten free/allergy free items?

The world is your oyster! Have fun! HTH!?!

Cheers,
Cindy

Mike1394 Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 10:18am
post #4 of 22

Wow that's a lot. You offer that every day?

Mike

SandiOh Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 10:43am
post #5 of 22

Cupcakes!!!!

heavenlys Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 3:17pm
post #6 of 22

yup Mike everyday!
We have tried the cupcake thing but we can't seem to gain momentum and sell them out and I hate to throw so many away.

Orange cranberry was for sure oone of the flavors of scones I was thinking. I like those too.

I forgot to mention I think that we also have a smaller case that holds homemade candies too. truffles, cream filled chocolates and nut clusters.

Thanks so much for your input

bettinashoe Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 3:27pm
post #7 of 22

Scones are a good choice for you. I've found they sell really well. I was surprised when I began adding them because I just didn't think they were all that popular, but they are. I have the same issue with cupcakes. Even with them being so popular they are not big sellers here. My scones outsell cupcakes on most days.

heavenlys Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 3:38pm
post #8 of 22

I have decided to just do cupcake to order. We sell a TON of them that way but people just walking in and buying on a whim not so good.

I am looking at possibly 3-4 flavors of scones. What would you suggest or what sells well for you?

Mike1394 Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 6:47pm
post #9 of 22

Like I said WOW that's a lot. Since your customers prefer the cin- rolls what about some small 8-9" coffee cakes.

Mike

revel Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 10:44pm
post #10 of 22

Well i love the lemon cranberry scones from starbucks! If thats any help! Pumpkin scones are good..and so are plain scones served with lemon curd and whipped cream....mmm..now i'm craving scones!

auntmamie Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 10:57pm
post #11 of 22

Ina Garten (the barefoot contessa) has a bunch of scone recipes. Apparently, a NYTimes reporter called asking if her bakery sold scones, and she said "of course, all kinds" when she actually sold none. She spent the next week making 10+ different types of scones, and now has a great collection.

heavenlys Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 1:17am
post #12 of 22

I played around today and am working on some scones combos.
orange cranberry
lemon blueberry
almond cherry
choc chunk
white choc mac nut
strawberry cream.
This next week we will be trying out and tasting all the combos. I have loyal customers that are willing to help icon_smile.gif

Now I have to work out biscotti choices
am I missing any great options to try?

coastiechik Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 1:49am
post #13 of 22

I have made lemon coriander scones and those were received well. Basically like lemon poppy seed without the poppy seed.

jdelectables Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 2:09am
post #14 of 22

Cinnamon Chip Scones are the bomb!

littlejewel Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 2:23am
post #15 of 22

wow your bakery does sound heavenly. I never met a scone I didn't like. you possiable flavor sound yummy.

sweetlybaked Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 2:24am
post #16 of 22

I used to work in a bakery, and what sold good there were the muffins, cream cheese croissants, chocolate croissants were ALWAYS gone, so were the almond croissants. The popular scones that we sold were blueberry and and a delicious peach with passion fruit glaze. Another idea would be to have some of your best sellers in "family sizes." We would use the same mix for the muffins and put it in a round tin and make "tea cakes." Those sold always very well. Oh, bread pudding too. You didn't say that it was refridgerated, but in case it is, you could do fruit tarts, eclairs, and strawberry pizzas. We made all of these in "minis" too that also sold very well. The strawberry pizzas we couldn't keep in the case! HTH!

matthewkyrankelly Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 2:27am
post #17 of 22

A simple fresh raspberry is awesome.

bennett5 Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 2:33am
post #18 of 22

what about some cheese cake cups, they are so easy and so many options for toppings and add ins. Even the crust options are endless. Personaly I use different cookies for the crust in mini cheese cakes, nilla wafers chips ahoy, shortbreads, anything and they are sooo tasty !!

heavenlys Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 3:22am
post #19 of 22

Thanks for all the ideas. Today I played with the scones and biscotti and made the orange cranberry, lemon blueberry and chocolate chips scones.
Biscotti i made lemon poppyseed, butter pecan and chocolate macadamia nut. Then made an almond twist which is puff pastry dough layered with almond paste sliced and twisted very yummy!!
Wanting to work on tarts yet this week. haven't made a lot of tarts so looking for some ideas or what dorection to go into.

heavenlys Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 11:40pm
post #20 of 22

customers were cery excited about the scones today. The new pastries are selling well too.

Thanks for all your input

sweetlybaked Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 3:31am
post #21 of 22

Yay! Congratulations! What kind of tarts are you looking to do? The ones with fresh fruit in them look beautiful...but maybe only doing not too many because the fruit doesn't keep well?

Kayakado Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 4:27pm
post #22 of 22

Handmade Gourmet Marshmallows, one flavor a week. I give them out for xmas gifts and they are always a big hit. Labor for 10 doz of one flavor dusted with 10X is only about 30 minutes. I make about 10 batches all different flavors. The sky is the limit for flavor variations. Drizzle chocolate over them or roll or dip them in chocolate or sprinkles for more pizzazz

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%