Need Help With This One

Decorating By sandy5491 Updated 17 Jan 2010 , 11:44pm by sandy5491

sandy5491 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandy5491 Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 1:06am
post #1 of 3

I found a cake and I don't know how they did it. If they did with royal icing or edible printing. Has anyone seen this cake. And is this cake Maxine or not. My friend is turning 50 in Feb and this cake will be perfert.

Thanks
LL

2 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 1:15am
post #2 of 3

It looks like they used buttercream, airbrushed the flesh tone (notice how it looks uneven on the surface of the cake, an edible image wouldn't), outlined in black and then piped the hair and other details on. You could do it with a FBCT, just pipe the boobs on after you stuck it on the cake so they weren't flat.

sandy5491 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandy5491 Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 11:44pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

It looks like they used buttercream, airbrushed the flesh tone (notice how it looks uneven on the surface of the cake, an edible image wouldn't), outlined in black and then piped the hair and other details on. You could do it with a FBCT, just pipe the boobs on after you stuck it on the cake so they weren't flat.

Thank You for this information and never heard FBCT of this method before. Which method will work the best. I drew the picture out already on paper, I have to transfer it to wax paper. then what happens with the black outline. Any more suggestion will appreicated.

Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%