Eggless Cake And Frosting

Baking By Ursula40 Updated 20 Jan 2010 , 1:21am by ziggytarheel

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 11:25pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone have a tried and tested recipe for an eggless cake and eggless frosting. Apparently this little boy can have no eggwhites at all and I cannot get egg substitutes in Shanghai. He only has one wish and that ia a birthday cake, no presents at all

4 replies
kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 1:08am
post #2 of 5

Hi Ursula,

There's a great Chocolate cake recipe on here using applesauce (Aliensunset). I used to use it, very good. They also posted a good white cake recipe. PM me if you need any further help.

Buttercream is usually eggfree. icon_smile.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 1:16am
post #3 of 5

"Wacky Cake" is a chocolate cake online (you can do a search for it) and its a pretty good chocolate cake.

Alot of buttercream has no egg...powdered sugar, butter, shortening, milk.

ziggytarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziggytarheel Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 1:19am
post #4 of 5

I'm allergic to eggs and make wacky cake quite often. No one guesses it is anything but one of the better chocolate cakes they've had. Icing is no problem as long as you make an American buttercream with no meringue powder. I always use all butter, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. For chocolate, I sometimes sift in cocoa powder and sometimes add melted chocolate.

ziggytarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziggytarheel Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 1:21am
post #5 of 5

Oh, and for safety's sake, I want to mention that most "egg substitutes" actually contain egg white. There are some egg replacers that do not. Many people don't realize that a person allergic to egg cannot have something like Eggbeaters. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%