70Th Birthday For Man With No Hobbies!!

Decorating By Kate714 Updated 17 Jan 2010 , 4:27am by dandelion56602

Kate714 Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 6:53pm
post #1 of 6

The woman ordering this cake has no ideas for a theme! She told me a nine inch round with a message and "piping"....hmmm...what looks manly for a plain cake?!! It's not like I can do flowers on top...??

5 replies
G_Cakes Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 7:20pm
post #2 of 6

How about a cake representing each decade of his life? with some sort of photos done on edible sheets.

You can use each picture to go around the outside edge respresenting the circle of life...

HTH

tinygoose Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 7:56pm
post #3 of 6

I did a cake for a 70th birthday with the same thing. No hobbies, no favorite flower, no favorite colors. I asked how was her house decorated. Country, paisley, modern? "Oh Asian modern" Her daughter said. She had traveled to China and loved it, but noted that traveling wasn't her thing. So I came up with this....and she loved it. Men are harder, but see if you can get some pics of his house, maybe it will give you an idea. I look at people personal things to get ideas...purse type, homes, whatever personal items I can see I make a mental note.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1517322

misabel99 Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 8:14pm
post #4 of 6

I made one it was a 3 tier cake all white with silver scrolls and a 70 on the top.

Kate714 Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 10:13pm
post #5 of 6

thanks guys for your suggestions - tinygoose, what a pretty cake!!

dandelion56602 Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 4:27am
post #6 of 6

Oh, I feel your pain! My dh's bday is next month & he's difficult! And he doesn't like chocolate, so that puts a damper in things! Eventhough I've made my decision, Barbaranne posted this link on my topic, which I like http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1521459

Also, ask if he was in the military, does volunteer work. community work, play cards, eat catfish every Fri night, have a favorite food, restaurant. Does he have a garden, grandkids (if so does he take them to a special place or have things he does w/ them)? What does he do to relax, occupy his time, etc. I would just bombard her w/ questions bc the more you know the easier it'll be

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%