Zebra Stripes

Baking By cakedesigner59 Updated 17 Jan 2010 , 5:09pm by cakedesigner59

cakedesigner59 Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 6:19pm
post #1 of 7

Just wondering what you cookie pros would suggest using to get a zebra stripe design on a cookie. Would you use black fondant? Food Doodler? Or just try to pipe it in royal?

Thanks for any suggestions....

6 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 8:31pm
post #2 of 7

If you covered the cookies with white fondant, you could paint the zebra stripes on with black food color. That's the fastest way to make zebra stripes.

Renaejrk Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 9:05pm
post #3 of 7

Or use a cookie icing/glaze in white and let them harden, then paint.

cindy58 Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 1:12am
post #4 of 7

I would do a white Glace' background, then apply the black stripes on the wet glaze. It's lifelike if the stripes are somewhat random. Zebras are such cool looking animals. I found this photo of their interesting stripes:

Jaime3679 Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 1:37am
post #5 of 7

Here is a picture of a cake I made with white circles with zebra stripes. The circles are fondant. I painted the zebra stripes with black food color. You could do this and put it on the cookie.

ButtacreamRose Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 1:53am
post #6 of 7

I used glace and the wet-on-wet technique on my zebra cookies in my photos.The flood and the piping icing are pretty much the same consistency.

cakedesigner59 Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 5:09pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks everyone! If I paint with black food color, do I worry about turning lips, teeth, black? Jaime, that cake is lovely! I love the pink/zebra thing. I was thinking of doing that on heart shaped cookies (like "wild at heart"). Cindy, thanks for the pic of the cute zebra. They are so beautiful and odd at the same time!

Quote by @%username% on %date%