Square Or Combo Square/rounds To Feed 350

Decorating By Fleur_de_Lis Updated 17 Jan 2010 , 1:21pm by bettinashoe

Fleur_de_Lis Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 5:42pm
post #1 of 11

I need some ideas for a wedding cake to feed 350. The bride wants a basic buttercream design but loves squares or a combo of squares and rounds. I love cakes that the tiers are also different heights ( 2, 3, or 4 layers) mixed. I will be using the SPS system to stack the cake and I have 2' pans in even sizes from 4" to 16" in both round and square. She also loves square cakes tilted and stacked. I just have had trouble finding a design that will feed 350 people I always have just done round or square and usually just do 2 layers high. Your suggestions are most welcome!

10 replies
janeoxo Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 5:59pm
post #2 of 11

Don't forget if you don't want to go for loads and loads of tiers, you could do sheet cake to make up the portions.

Fleur_de_Lis Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 6:51pm
post #3 of 11

The bride doesn't want to have that. She wants a large cake. Thanks for the idea though.

_Jamie_ Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 7:52pm
post #4 of 11
Originally Posted by Fleur_de_Lis

The bride doesn't want to have that. She wants a large cake. Thanks for the idea though.

That's my kind of bride! Just say no sheetcakes at your glamorous event, there ain't room for sheetcakes at those!

Fleur_de_Lis Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 10:51pm
post #5 of 11

I have spent all afternoon going through the other shapes wedding gallery here on cc. I think I have a plan!!!!! I have about 7 combos I am going to run by my bride to see what she thinks. I am going to have to go get some hexagon pans. They look so good. Thank goodness for Hobby Lobby 40% off coupons. I should be able to get a Wilton set for about $27.

mamawrobin Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 11:17pm
post #6 of 11

Don't mean to highjack the thread, but how do I get a 40% coupon for Hobby Lobby? Btw Fleur_de_Lis good luck with your cake, I'm sure it will be awesome. Just be sure to post photos icon_smile.gif

Fleur_de_Lis Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 12:38am
post #7 of 11

Just go to their website. You can sign up for free and they send them to your email or you can print them out each week off of the site.

Some weeks it is a coupon off of specific items. I would say 8 out of 10 weeks it is 40% off of any regular priced item. This past summer they ran a coupon for 40% all Wilton items. I totally stocked up!

tesso Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 12:48am
post #8 of 11

okay.. i hope this helps.. here is a link that you will love. it has every cake shape..design..stack..tier.. you name it.. and how many people it will feed !!!! I printed the pages out so that I can show them to clients and broaden their ideas a little.

bettinashoe Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 1:01am
post #9 of 11

tesso, which tab do you open on the lnk you mentioned to get to the cake shapes/sizes/etc?

tesso Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 8:18am
post #10 of 11

it's been a while (since I printed it out) but i believe you click on wedding ideas..then wedding cakes...and then designs...you may have to register to have access to the complete site.. nice thing is they offer free catalogs etc. .. when registering..I chose an invitation catalog and my clients have loved it.

also..wilton has a similar page.. here is its link

i hope this helps icon_smile.gif

bettinashoe Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 1:21pm
post #11 of 11

Thanks tesso.

Quote by @%username% on %date%