My Bday Cake

Decorating By twistedsplinters Updated 16 Jan 2010 , 9:27pm by cakemom007

twistedsplinters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twistedsplinters Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 5:40pm
post #1 of 5

Ok, my daughter got a mixer for christmas made us a beautiful cake its in my album with the snowman on it.
So my birthday is coming up and she wanted to make it but me not help at all . So my husband steps in and helps he asks me to give him a list of the ingredients and i hand it to him and says all this for a little cake lol, anyway tons of egg shells later haha its baked and put up to cool. They decided to decorate it today and well lets just say its looks like a bomb went off next to it poor little cake my husband tried to ice it and use the roller "too cute" after the kids cut out tons of different shapes with cookie cutters they asked me to put border at the bottom " I did".
I then told my husband see it isnt just cake and icing slapped together and it isnt easy is it? He said its my job to not know what to do and tell you what needs fixed or doesnt look right on the cakes "supervisor", then he says it my job to tell you when you did something right or it looks great I said really bc that hasnt happened yet you let me know when it does. lol
after my birthday sunday I will post pics of my BEAUTIFUL cake that my family spend alot of time, sweat and tears making !!

4 replies
kiwigal81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiwigal81 Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 6:53pm
post #2 of 5

Happy Birthday! Awww, that is so sweet that they want to do that for you. They'll probably gain a whole new perspective on and respect for what you do. Enjoy your cakeicon_smile.gif

Sox-n-Pats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sox-n-Pats Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 7:49pm
post #3 of 5

That's so sweet!! I would love it if my kids made my cake.

For the past few years, either I haven't even gotten a cake, or it's been store bought (vs stand alone bakery bought). I told my family "I turn 40 this year and I refuse to make my own cake. I'm tired of making everyone else their cool "cake of their dreams" and then I get an off the shelf cake from the grocery store at the last minute!!"

twistedsplinters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twistedsplinters Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 9:16pm
post #4 of 5

Awww, i will be 30 and the thing is I dont eat cake , I dont eat any kind of sweets so they will be singing Happy birthday, and then eating the cake themselves! But apparently my oldest daughter has told her teachers she is taking the business from me when she gets older lol, and writes about it in school all the time, and about all the stuff she is going to do lol ahh to have BIG dreams. I hope she does when she grows up but you know how they change their minds.

cakemom007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemom007 Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 9:27pm
post #5 of 5

Aww sweet! was it good??

I told DH this year I want him to buy me an ice cream cake from DQ :lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%