Edible Image Printers Canon Or Epson? Desperate!

Decorating By Sandylee05 Updated 19 Jan 2010 , 7:20pm by tiggy2

Sandylee05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandylee05 Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:19pm
post #1 of 3

Please tell me what printer I need, and how I can maintain it, so I can easily print an image. I have spent about $900 the past couple of years trying to print edible images! I've printed only about 10 images!
First I bought an expensive Canon MX850. I spent hours and hours and hours unclogging the heads. I bought ink refills , a couple sets of edible ink cartridges , cleaning cartridges, air brush cleaner. I was so determined to make it work.
After reading some posts praising Epson printers on this sight, I called Kopy Kake and he recommended the Epson NX400. He said it was the best and that there were no heads to clean. The nozzles are constantly clogged, and just a couple nozzle cleanings uses up the entire ink cartridge. I can't spend $50. every time I need a picture.

I really appreciate your advice and opinions!
Sandy

2 replies
pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 6:57pm
post #2 of 3

Hi Sandy: Did you ever get a response to your question? I'm thinking of buying an edible image machine and dont know what kind to get. I need the whole system.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 7:20pm
post #3 of 3

I have an epson and don't have any problems with it. Mine is a cx 4200 which is no longer available. I've read ft you don't use it very often you should take the cartridges out between usage but I don't do that and it has never clogged on me. I do try to print something on it at least once a month even if it's just on paper. My friend also has an epson, c88, and doesn't have problems with it. I purchased spongless, refillable cartridges on ebay and they work very well. They have auto chip reset and I've had better luck with them then the original cartridges I got from kopykake. Refilling makes the ink cost a lot less expensive.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%