Project Runway Season 7!

Lounge By adree313 Updated 12 Feb 2010 , 3:59am by adree313

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:55am
post #1 of 15

PR has started up again! Who's watching?

For the first week I fell in love with Seth Aaron's dress. It was adorable and I think he should have won. Though, Emilio's was really good, too.

As for Christiane being eliminated and NOT Ping? I.Don't.Get.It. Guess that's another part of fashion I "just don't understand"?

14 replies
ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 7:09pm
post #2 of 15

I looove PR, but I did not see the entire episode, only the last couple of minutes.
Didn't season 6 JUST finished???!!!

adree313 Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 8:53pm
post #3 of 15

Yeah, it did, but season 6 had been filmed and finished for a very long time before it actually aired. It took awhile for the networks to decide who wanted it more: Bravo or Lifetime. Lifetime obviously won out in the end. I'm pretty sure this is why they put out season 7 so quickly.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 11:09pm
post #4 of 15

I love Project Runway!
It seems every season gets better.

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 1:50am
post #5 of 15

Add me to the list of those that love it! I only started watching it last season and am hooked on it!!

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 12:20am
post #6 of 15

Hi everyone. PR7 is here. Yeah.

As far as this week goes, I liked Milas' outfit and agree she did great, but I felt that Maya had the better outfit tonite.

I hated Anthonys' outfit tonite. Hideous.

I am trying to find time to rewatch the other episodes and I will post my feelings about them soon.

I am glad ping is gone though.

Anyone elses opinions?

Jo

ShopGrl1128 Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 1:51am
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jo_ann

Hi everyone. PR7 is here. Yeah.

As far as this week goes, I liked Milas' outfit and agree she did great, but I felt that Maya had the better outfit tonite.

I hated Anthonys' outfit tonite. Hideous.

I am trying to find time to rewatch the other episodes and I will post my feelings about them soon.

I am glad ping is gone though.

Anyone elses opinions?

Jo

I agree, Maya's dress was stunning! Mila's suit looked like a penguin, I had a 'the emperor has no clothes' moment with that! ewww.

I felt so bad for Ping, her style is not commercial at all, and she was so passinate about it.
How about that model? throwing Ping under the bus!!! so unprofessional!

adree313 Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 2:28am
post #8 of 15

I wasn't hugely fond of anything this week.

Who's everyone's early faves?

Personality wise for me would definitely be Anthony! Oh my gosh I laugh everytime he speaks. I loved when he told Seth Aaron "Don't act up in front of company!" oh and of course "It is hell being black and gay in the ghetto!" icon_lol.gif

Designer wise it's definitely Seth Aaron for me right now. I think he's very innovative. Though, his dress this week with Anthony was....... interesting? icon_confused.gif

ShopGrl1128 Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 2:36am
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by adree313

I wasn't hugely fond of anything this week.

Who's everyone's early faves?

Personality wise for me would definitely be Anthony! Oh my gosh I laugh everytime he speaks. I loved when he told Seth Aaron "Don't act up in front of company!" oh and of course "It is hell being black and gay in the ghetto!" icon_lol.gif

Designer wise it's definitely Seth Aaron for me right now. I think he's very innovative. Though, his dress this week with Anthony was....... interesting? icon_confused.gif

I love Maya of course, and I think Emilio Sosa is great!, Anthony is hilarious!

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 2:53am
post #10 of 15

Who else is glad to see Ping gone?

adree313 Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 2:56am
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

Who else is glad to see Ping gone?

*Stands up on a chair and waves arms around!!!!*

I didn't get it! I didn't understand her "aesthetic". I loved her passion, but it just did NOT translate for me. I think the only reason Nicole Richie liked her the first week was because NR dresses like a bag lady half the time. icon_confused.gif

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 3:00am
post #12 of 15

With her lack of construction skills, part of me wonders if her "design aesthetic" is due to not knowing how to actually make anything?

So far, this season is MUCH better than season 6!

adree313 Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 4:31am
post #13 of 15

The skill level is being set higher and higher and I love it!

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 1:02am
post #14 of 15

Wow, this weeks challenge. Each and everyone of these ladies are beautiful and so courageous. They are everything I strive to be.
This week I am going to critique each and every dress, I hope that's okay.
I know we have to look past the models and critique the designers work, hard as that may be. Thankfully I have a dvr. LOL

Jonathan - I love that dress, it is elegant and beautiful. She looked gorgeous.
Emilio 9 - baby doll
Maya - MY FAVORITE. I love the half heart. I think it is sheik and sexy.
Anthony - Love him, but do NOT love this dress., I think the dress is cute but hate that jacket.
Amy- very pretty but reminds me of a nightgown I own. I like it though I don't think it should have won.
Jesus - I know he got slammed for this dress but I like it. SORRY.
Anna - Okay, but boring.
Jay - Beautiful, Tied for my second favorite.
Jesse - WHAT was that?
Ben - Tied for Second. Gorgeous.
Mila - SORRY but I hate the stars.
Jeanne - HMMM?
Seth - Cute

All the models were beautiful. I think Maya took it this week.

Other opinions? icon_lol.gif

adree313 Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 3:59am
post #15 of 15

The prize this week was awesome! What an amazing opportunity.

I loved Anthony's dress this week. It was fun and the color was beautiful. I'm glad he won, he deserved it! And who couldn't like his reaction?! icon_smile.gif

Emilio's reminded me of lingerie... but not in a good way? I didn't like it. Cutting off the straps helped, but it still didn't wow me.

The colors the girls chose were just "blah". Not cover worthy whatsoever. The shorts were good but the outfit... not so much.

I also liked the Ben's dress. Very cute and I loved the colors.

And since I'm still rooting for Seth Aaron, his jacket, from what I could tell, looked impeccable. I don't think the suit overall was a real "Wow!", but the jacket was well done.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%