Homemade Nutella Vs. Nestle Nutella

Decorating By moralna Updated 16 Jan 2010 , 12:59pm by MikeRowesHunny

moralna Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:19am
post #1 of 6

I have never used Nutella before and I have been asked to do a Nutella filling for a cake order. Can someone tell me if the Nestle store bought Nutella is good, that is as good as made from scratch? And if not, what is the difference. I sure could use some help here.

5 replies
sadsmile Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:23am
post #2 of 6

The stuff in the jar tastes just like what they put inside Ferrero Rocher. IMO its really good.

milkmaid42 Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:28am
post #3 of 6

I am generally a scratch baker and eschew most things store-bought. But give me a jar of Nutella and a spoon and I could happily eat my way into oblivion! I have never thought of using it for a cake filling, but I sure don't see why not. That stuff is yummy.

iamelms Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:34am
post #4 of 6

I've used Nutella in a filling before, and it was fantastic in my opinion! I have no idea how you'd make it from scratch though...

moralna Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 12:42pm
post #5 of 6

Guys - thanks so much! You don't know what a big help on this you have beenicon_smile.gif

MikeRowesHunny Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 12:59pm
post #6 of 6

Never tried homemade Nutella (but have seen a recipe for it on the net), but, apart from maybe sugar control issues, I don't see why you'd spend a fortune (hazlenuts - not cheap) on ingredients and all that time making your own when Nestle's original is sooooooooo good!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%