Air Brush For Craftsman Air Compressor

Decorating By Smashme Updated 18 Jan 2010 , 1:54am by sandy5491

Smashme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smashme Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:16am
post #1 of 6

my husband has the craftsman air compressor and i was wondering if i could use any brand of airbrush or does it have to be a craftsman? Also i want to buy the started set of colors are there anyother colors that i should get a bigger size of? thanks in advance thumbs_up.gif

5 replies
Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 10:13am
post #2 of 6

Any airbrush will work. There are some things that you will have to do though. You need a water separater, and a filter. Don't skimp on these. Actually it would probably be cheaper to buy a small compressor from harbor frieght.

Mike

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 9:08pm
post #3 of 6

I bought an airbrush to hook to my compressor. What are the water separator and filter for? I have only played with mine, without those.

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 9:27pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcubed82

I bought an airbrush to hook to my compressor. What are the water separator and filter for? I have only played with mine, without those.

A compressor with a tank will hold condensation. When put through a line this water/oil mixture will come through also. The water separator, and filter will get rid of this. If you don't have these items they will spray on to whatever your spraying.

Mike

Smashme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smashme Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 1:41am
post #5 of 6

i finally got an e-mail from tcp global (i think that was the name). They said that all i need is an airbrush and colors, i already have the hose as well. I also live in a very dry climate so i think i'm fine without the water filter. Thanks everyone.

sandy5491 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandy5491 Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 1:54am
post #6 of 6

Hi Everyone, I've been checking out the airbrush systems on tcp website which one would be the best one to get. I'll be a beginner for this systems.
Any suggestions!
thumbs_up.gif

Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%