A Bow Tree?

Decorating By misserica Updated 17 Jan 2010 , 12:02am by TammyH

misserica Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 2:09am
post #1 of 26

Did I read this on CC or make it up in my head? Did someone make a PVC or wood dowel "tree" for drying bow loops? I have an idea of what it would look like but I was wondering if I imagined that I read about it here or really someone made one. If so, where is it? My search feature is being weird, I click next page and it says that my search did not yield any results.

Anyway, if it is here, can someone guide me to it? If not, well, I will post after I figure out how to make it (actually have my dad make it). Thanks!!

25 replies
kiwigal81 Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 2:32am
post #2 of 26

You know, I saw one too, they had different sizes of solid white pipe...can't remember where eithericon_sad.gif

misserica Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 2:46am
post #3 of 26

I made all the pieces for a bow the other day, assembled tonight and the bow was butt ugly. I used a wooden dowel with too small a diameter. crisis averted this time but I want to find this darn bow tree!! I hope someone finds it soon!

cownsj Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 2:47am
post #4 of 26

I don't recall seeing that one, but I would sure be interested in it too.

mamawrobin Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 2:50am
post #5 of 26

I saw it in the thread started by MadgeOwens about cake decorating clutter. Can't remember exactly how it's titled...something like "if you do this for a hobby..how do you organize your supplies." Hope this helps.

artscallion Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 2:54am
post #6 of 26

It was definitely here. I specifically remember someone's husband had made them one. It worked so well, they were making them for/selling them to people here.

Now if I could only specifically remember who it was... icon_confused.gif

misserica Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 2:56am
post #7 of 26

Mamawrobin, you're awesome! But good Lord Madge has 1700 posts, I am searching all of them now.

Arts- I knew I was not making it up, though it would not have shocked me if I imagined a cake contraption.

misserica Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:02am
post #8 of 26

Oh my! I am going to cry. I searched 7 pages of Madge's posts and go to click on 8 and it says my search has no yielded any results!? I am determined to find this tree, I want it!

mamawrobin Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:05am
post #9 of 26

I've been searching MadgeOwens as well...beginnig to think maybe I'm wrong that she started the thread. I saw it on here like day before yesterday...and I know that it is in a thread about storing cake supplies in the home icon_smile.gif

misserica Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:08am
post #10 of 26

I read the thread about hobby bakers and storage and unless I missed something I did not see the bow tree in it. I have to admit, I am super excited that I am not the only one who saw this! I am almost positive that it was recently and maybe awhile ago too, before I made my first bow months ago.

DetailsByDawn Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:13am
post #11 of 26

I couldn't find the thread, but I think this is what you're looking for......

http://sugaredblog.blogspot.com/2009/04/bow-loop-dryer.html

jammjenks Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:14am
post #13 of 26

Ah, Dawn, you beat me. icon_razz.gif

misserica Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:15am
post #14 of 26

OH WOW!!!!!!

How happy am I? If I had a voice I would scream, thank you Details and jamm!!!

DetailsByDawn Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:15am
post #15 of 26

LOL - we are the search engine queens!

jammjenks Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:17am
post #16 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailsByDawn

LOL - we are the search engine queens!

I know I am a queen. My pantyhose tag proves it! icon_lol.gif

cownsj Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:20am
post #17 of 26

woooo hoooooo. Thank you. That'll be sooooo easy to make. Once you make a whole wedding party full of pvc figures for halloween, this will be a breeze. Can't wait.

misserica Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:21am
post #18 of 26

I printed out the picture and am sending my dad to Lowes tomorrow for PVC pipe. I am now determined to make a better bow with my Bow Tree! God I love this site. Thanks everyone!!!!

brgrassmyer Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:23am
post #19 of 26
bobwonderbuns Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:28am
post #20 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailsByDawn

I couldn't find the thread, but I think this is what you're looking for......

http://sugaredblog.blogspot.com/2009/04/bow-loop-dryer.html

I bought one of these from Jaime Ann (is that her name?) and I just love it. I not only use it for drying bow loops, but I also use it for hanging my gumpaste flowers upside down. It also comes apart easily for easy storage. I wouldn't be without mine! icon_biggrin.gif

cakeandpartygirl Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:47am
post #21 of 26

This is so funny cause I was looking for that thread earlier tonight and I found it and here it is
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-625170-bow.html+loop+dryer

Edited to fix grammar it's a thread not a threat lol

newmansmom2004 Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:51am
post #22 of 26

I got mine from Nicholas Lodge's website, but I think other places sell them.

jammjenks Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 6:35pm
post #23 of 26

Just wanted to show you what I dry my loops on. I bought two long dowels at Hobby Lobby. One is 1/2" and the other is 1" in diameter. There are two cabinets near my kitchen sink with a window between. The dowels fit perfectly up there and are out of my way. Total cost was $3 or less.
LL

jammjenks Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 6:36pm
post #24 of 26

Just wanted to show you what I dry my loops on. I bought two long dowels at Hobby Lobby. One is 1/2" and the other is 1" in diameter. There are two cabinets near my kitchen sink with a window between. The dowels fit perfectly up there and are out of my way. Total cost was $3 or less.
LL

cakeandpartygirl Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 8:33pm
post #25 of 26

jamm jenks that's cool and so cost effective.icon_smile.gif I just went and purchased the pvc pipe and it can make a pretty large one for about 10. It was really easy it took me and my hubby about 30 min and that was using a hacksaw and with some readjustments.

TammyH Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 12:02am
post #26 of 26

I do something similar to Jammjenks. I flip 2 plastic cups over and tape the dowl to them. I leave it sitting on my counter while I cut the fondant/gumpaste and hang them right over. Cheap/easy and you can move them if needed (like if you were making bows for 35 table cakes and needed to have about 10 dowl-rods full of loops... all drying around the house)....

HTH

TammyH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%