Care To Share Your Fave Whipped White Choc Ganache Recipe?

Baking By Deb_ Updated 23 Jan 2010 , 7:42pm by Deb_

Deb_ Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 12:34am
post #1 of 7

Pretty please? icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
tesso Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 1:00am
post #2 of 7

here you go... simple and easy... and just add any flavor you want to it.

1 package (14 oz.) candy melts
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
it makes about... 2 cups of filling. which is never enough.. so plan on making a double batch.

Chop Candy Melts (you can use a food processor if your lazy like me). Heat whipping cream in saucepan just to boiling point. Do not boil. Remove from heat and add chopped Candy Melts, stir until smooth and shiny.

Deb_ Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 2:48pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks, but can this recipe be whipped like whipped cream? Can I use real white chocolate?

tesso Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 4:58am
post #4 of 7

so sorry..its taken me so long to get back to you. I have never used chips..or blocks in this recipe.. so I dont know about that.. but i did look up some info and the website.. an occasional cholocate.. has its recipes using chips.

I have not gotten it to whip for me.. usually i use it as a pour on coating.. I first used this recipe for a nautical cake.. I cut out a captains wheel, placed on a rack and started coating ...The only thing I had to watch was that it liked to crease easily.. but it did set up nice and firm.

do you have a recipe that whips !!! icon_lol.gif i would love it !!

egensinnig Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 2:07pm
post #5 of 7

When I make whipped ganache I take 50/50 white chocolate and cream. Or even less chocolate than cream - depending on what I'm using it for. Sometimes I use it as a flavoured whipped cream on desserts for example. And the thing is to not let the cream boil. Just heat it up and then melt the cocoolate in the warm cream until dissolved. Chill it for at least 6 hours and then whip it.
I flavour it with:
Lime zest and juice
Mango flavouring
Triple sec
Strawberry or raspberry flavouring
Pineapple and coconut

tesso Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 5:48pm
post #6 of 7

goodness.. i have never let mine chill... no wonder it wouldnt whip.. I am going to try chilling it.. thanks for the recipe. thumbs_up.gif

Deb_ Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 7:42pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks guys!

I've made whipped chocolate ganache before without a problem but when I tried the same recipe but with white chocolate, it wouldn't whip firm enough for me.

I'll try the 50/50 ratio or a little less chocolate and hope it works.

Quote by @%username% on %date%