Not The Beater Blade, What Is The Name Of The Other One?

Decorating By madras650 Updated 16 Jan 2010 , 1:24am by madras650

madras650 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madras650 Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 11:23pm
post #1 of 5

I have the beater blase. The plastic one. Loved it, used the heck out of it. But now it cracked, broke completely. I want to get the other one that is out there. It's metal. I can not remember what it is called.

4 replies
madras650 Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 11:30pm
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by madras650

I have the beater blase. The plastic one. Loved it, used the heck out of it. But now it cracked, broke completely. I want to get the other one that is out there. It's metal. I can not remember what it is called.

Answered my own question: Look on amazo n dot com for:
SideSwipe for KitchenAid 5-Qt Bowl-Lift Stand Mixers

OMGitsaLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OMGitsaLisa Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 11:53pm
post #3 of 5

I got a Sideswipe last June as a birthday gift to myself and within a month, one of the silicone fins broke off (after I adjusted the height like the manufacturer said) and it took me 5 months to get it replaced under warranty.

So I guess what I'm saying is that you should make sure you don't break yours. Adjust the height maybe a touch higher than what you might expect it to need just to be sure.

It's a dream to work with, though. I like that it angles all the ingredients downward and has gaps to allow chocolate chips and stuff to pass through unharmed. That's why I actually put up with the whole mess to get it replaced instead of writing it off completely and demanding a refund.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 11:54pm
post #4 of 5

The whole thing isn't metal though... just so you aren't surprised when you get it. Where the blade attaches to the mixer has a metal part in it, but the rest is plastic (or nylon rather). Very durable material, but not metal.

I want to get one because I think they look nicer than the beater blades that I have. Now they need to start making them for the bigger mixers!!

madras650 Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 1:24am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromScratch

The whole thing isn't metal though... just so you aren't surprised when you get it. Where the blade attaches to the mixer has a metal part in it, but the rest is plastic (or nylon rather). Very durable material, but not metal.

I want to get one because I think they look nicer than the beater blades that I have. Now they need to start making them for the bigger mixers!!

That's cool with me about were the metal is. Because that is were my beater blade broke. Right at the top were it attaches to the mixer.

Thanks for the info

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%