White Cake And Chocolate Cake Together

Baking By ChristianD Updated 16 Jan 2010 , 12:22am by Elcee

ChristianD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristianD Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 11:20pm
post #1 of 6

I am not sure what this may tastes like, but is there a recipe where you can have a white cake layer, then filling, a chocolate cake layer, filling, and then top it off with white cake? How do you think this will tastes? I was thinking about raspberry filling. Let me know if you have ever tasted or made one of these cakes. Thank you in advance.

5 replies
pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 11:24pm
post #2 of 6

For a Christmas candle cake I made last month, I did a layer of chocolate cake, filling, wasc with eggnog flavoring cake, filling, then another layer of chocolate cake. It made a very pretty presentation when cut and was delicious.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 11:26pm
post #3 of 6

I do! It's good!! I have a flavor combo called Neapolitan (like the ice cream combo) where I have alternating layers of vanilla and chocolate cake with strawberry SMBC... wicked good!

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 11:34pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Quote:

wicked good!

Sorry for the hijack! FromScratch, even if you didin't have your location in your profile, this would have given you away. I am in Colorado now but am from northern Mass (less than 10 miles from the NH border) and no one outside of that area says wicked! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

...oh, and ChristianD, I have done chocolate birthday.gif , BC, white birthday.gif , BC, choc birthday.gif and it was a hit. icon_smile.gif

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 11:40pm
post #5 of 6

LOL.. yeah I have found that phrase (along with my apparent disdain for the letter R) gives away my geographic location everytime. icon_wink.gif My husband laughs at me all the time. He says "I grew up in MA too and I pronounce my R's. Umm.. hunny you grew up on Nantucket... you don't have a NE accent... you speak yuppie.

Hey... at least I didn't say wicked pissah right? icon_lol.gif

My sister is in Colorado right now. Her hubby is in the Army and they are stationed at Ft Carson... small world.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 12:22am
post #6 of 6

OK, really small...I live right outside of Ft. Carson and work for the Ft. Carson school district icon_biggrin.gif and yeah, you're right, Nantucket doesn't count!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%