White Cake And Chocolate Cake Together

Baking By ChristianD Updated 16 Jan 2010 , 12:22am by Elcee

ChristianD Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 11:20pm
post #1 of 6

I am not sure what this may tastes like, but is there a recipe where you can have a white cake layer, then filling, a chocolate cake layer, filling, and then top it off with white cake? How do you think this will tastes? I was thinking about raspberry filling. Let me know if you have ever tasted or made one of these cakes. Thank you in advance.

5 replies
pattycakesnj Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 11:24pm
post #2 of 6

For a Christmas candle cake I made last month, I did a layer of chocolate cake, filling, wasc with eggnog flavoring cake, filling, then another layer of chocolate cake. It made a very pretty presentation when cut and was delicious.

FromScratch Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 11:26pm
post #3 of 6

I do! It's good!! I have a flavor combo called Neapolitan (like the ice cream combo) where I have alternating layers of vanilla and chocolate cake with strawberry SMBC... wicked good!

Elcee Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 11:34pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Quote:

wicked good!

Sorry for the hijack! FromScratch, even if you didin't have your location in your profile, this would have given you away. I am in Colorado now but am from northern Mass (less than 10 miles from the NH border) and no one outside of that area says wicked! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

...oh, and ChristianD, I have done chocolate birthday.gif , BC, white birthday.gif , BC, choc birthday.gif and it was a hit. icon_smile.gif

FromScratch Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 11:40pm
post #5 of 6

LOL.. yeah I have found that phrase (along with my apparent disdain for the letter R) gives away my geographic location everytime. icon_wink.gif My husband laughs at me all the time. He says "I grew up in MA too and I pronounce my R's. Umm.. hunny you grew up on Nantucket... you don't have a NE accent... you speak yuppie.

Hey... at least I didn't say wicked pissah right? icon_lol.gif

My sister is in Colorado right now. Her hubby is in the Army and they are stationed at Ft Carson... small world.

Elcee Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 12:22am
post #6 of 6

OK, really small...I live right outside of Ft. Carson and work for the Ft. Carson school district icon_biggrin.gif and yeah, you're right, Nantucket doesn't count!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%