Preserving Fondant Covered Rkt Figure

Decorating By myKzooKid Updated 16 Jan 2010 , 2:11am by Kellbella

myKzooKid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myKzooKid Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 9:12pm
post #1 of 2

I'm finally making my first post here. I have learned so much from this site already thanks to all you wonderful cake artists who are willing to share your knowledge. I took Wilton classes years ago and then didn't make many cakes after the lessons were over. I attribute this site to re-sparking my interest. Again, thanks!

I've just recently started playing around with fondant and modeling figures. It has been a lot of fun for sure. I'm currently working on a Clone Wars Captain Rex cake for my niece's birthday this weekend. I modeled the helmet out of RKT, covered it with fondant, and hand painted the details. My niece is such a Star Wars/Clone Wars fanatic I fully expect her to want to keep the helmet and fondant light sabers. Is there anything that should be done to preserve them so they don't become a smelly moldy mouse attraction? Neither the helmet nor the light sabers will come into contact with the icing. I know to keep them out of direct sunlight but beyond that I don't know what advice to give her. TIA.

1 reply
Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 2:11am
post #2 of 2

Just a guess but how about confectioner's glaze?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%