What Is The Name Of This Cookie?

Baking By Cakepro Updated 15 Jan 2010 , 9:46pm by raquel1

Cakepro Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 6:45pm
post #1 of 7

There is a cookie that is sold by Randall's (Tom Thumb) supermarkets that I have seen in other stores as well. I am looking for the name of this cookie so I can search for a recipe.

It's a rich, dark, chocolate cookie that has a crisp, crackle-y surface...almost like the surface of brownies, but not flaky. I Googled "crinkle cookie" but the version I love does not have powdered sugar on it.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
Charmed Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 7:54pm
post #2 of 7
7yyrt Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 8:52pm
post #3 of 7

Chocolate cake mix cookies are like that.
There are several threads on them, if you're interested.

2SchnauzerLady Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 9:14pm
post #4 of 7

It sounds similar to a crackle cookie - wonder if you could coat it with cocoa rather than PS.

raquel1 Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 9:33pm
post #5 of 7

You my dear are looking for "Ultimate double chocolate cookie" and here is the link to that recipe, http://www.randalls.com/IFL/Grocery/Recipe-Search?contentURL=http%3A%2F%2Fsafeway.baking.net%2FRecipe%2FDetail.aspx%3Fnprid%3D15097#iframetop They are my absolute favorite, crispy outside chewy inside. Great recipe, enjoy!

Cakepro Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 9:37pm
post #6 of 7

Oh WOW ~ thank you so much, raquel1! I had no idea that Randall's had recipes on their website. LOL

Thank you everyone for your wonderful suggestions! icon_smile.gif

Time for me to get baking! icon_biggrin.gif

raquel1 Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 9:46pm
post #7 of 7

Now I'm craving them too, you know what I'll be doing this weekend, blowing my diet! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%