Hot Sugar Tubing On The Food Network? What Do They Use?

Sugar Work By tinygoose Updated 20 Jan 2010 , 6:20am by LateBloomer

tinygoose Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 6:29pm
post #1 of 7

Does anyone know what type of tubing they use for their sugar sculptures on the Food Network? I'm assuming its silicone tubing, but was wondering if anyone knows for sure and where to get it?

6 replies
leah_s Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 6:41pm
post #2 of 7

It always looks like aquarium/pond air hose to me.

Mike1394 Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 7:42pm
post #3 of 7

H. Depot


BlakesCakes Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 9:34pm
post #4 of 7

It's fairly thick walled vinyl tubing. Ideally, it's considered food grade.


tinygoose Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 9:46pm
post #5 of 7

Thank you!!

moydear77 Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 6:02am
post #6 of 7

I buy mine at HD. Do not get the braided kind. It will not cut away well. Make sure it is flexible or you will break your piece really fast.

LateBloomer Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 6:20am
post #7 of 7

Does anyone have a picture. We don't see the foodnetwork in SA. I am really facinated by the sugarwork and would love to learn more.

Quote by @%username% on %date%