No Experience~ Would Like Some Advice On Molded Chocolate.

Sugar Work By Thanksharla Updated 21 Jan 2010 , 1:12am by Jemoiselle

Thanksharla Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 3:41pm
post #1 of 8

I have a breast cancer awareness event coming up in the next few weeks. And I was at Hobby Lobby last night picking up some supplies and saw these cute awareness ribbon candy molds. I would really like to make some molded chocolate on sticks for the event. But have absolutely no idea as to where I should start.

Can anyone please help?

7 replies
KHalstead Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 5:01pm
post #2 of 8

The easiest thing to do is to just get some pink candy melts, melt them down, pour into the mold, tap the mold to get out air bubbles. Put in your sticks (spin the sticks so that the candy melts completely coat the stick)....pop them in the freezer for 10 or 15 min. flip the mold over onto a large cake board/cookie sheet/countertop...whatever you have and you have candy on a stick. Easy.

Thanksharla Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 2:26am
post #3 of 8

Thanks. Sounds easy enough.

DetailsByDawn Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:01am
post #4 of 8

While you're at it, pick up a scoop of white candy melts too - a few mixed in with the pink makes a perfect breast cancer ribbon colour. Do not use red and white to make pink, as it turns a putty colour icon_sad.gif . Chocolate lollies are super easy to make and you'll do a great job. Good luck!!

Thanksharla Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 6:05am
post #5 of 8

[quote="DetailsByDawn"]While you're at it, pick up a scoop of white candy melts too - a few mixed in with the pink makes a perfect breast cancer ribbon colour. Do not use red and white to make pink, as it turns a putty colour icon_sad.gif . Chocolate lollies are super easy to make and you'll do a great job. Good luck!![/quiote]

Thanks for the info. If you hadn't said anything that's exactly what I would of done (mix red and white) icon_redface.gif

Thanksharla Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 6:11am
post #6 of 8

I don't know of this is possible or not but....next to the candy molds at the store were candy flavorings in little bitty bottles. Can I add those to the candy melts? Some of the candy melt packages said they were vanilla flavored. If so what combinations are yummy?

Sorry for so many simple/silly questions.

madgeowens Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 6:34am
post #7 of 8

I don't think I would use flavorings with the chocolate. Also if you melt them using a pan of hot water with a smaller pan in that one to melt them and ad a tbs of crsco it will thin it a bit and give them a nice shine.

Jemoiselle Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 1:12am
post #8 of 8

I have to throw in my .02 here...I have flavored my chocolate with oil based flavorings without incident. Just be cautious not to use too much!

Good luck!
Jemoiselle

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%