Help Please With Icing ???

Baking By KATHIESKREATIONS Updated 20 Jan 2010 , 3:29am by antonia74

KATHIESKREATIONS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 4:34am
post #1 of 10

icon_sad.gif I have searched everywhere I can think of for ANTONIA'S RI , which I have read is great, but to no avail! Also, is a rolled marshmallow buttercream icing good to use (& easy) for cookies being used for Cookie Bouquets? If someone can help me with these, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much~~~

9 replies
Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 4:41am
post #2 of 10

This cookie tutorial contains the recipe. I use this almost exclusively. I have never tried rolled buttercream, but Marshmallow Fondant (MMF) works great with cookies for bouquets.

http://cakecentral.com/articles/112/how-to-bake-decorate-cookies

KATHIESKREATIONS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 3:59pm
post #3 of 10

icon_biggrin.gif Thank you so much, Linda. I have been using a recipe for RI for years that calls for egg whites, not meringue powder & was just wondering if one would hold up better than the other. I am going to give your suggestion a try...no more egg whites! icon_cool.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 4:11pm
post #4 of 10

Glaze is also very good on cookies. Dries hard enough to package but doesn't get rock hard like royal. It also taste very good.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 4:14pm
post #5 of 10

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Antonia74's icing recipe - it works wonderfully!

I typically add a little bit of corn syrup if I want it to be shiny (RI is matte), and often add flavorings to the icing base, too.

tiggy2 Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 5:03pm
post #6 of 10

Here's a link to a thread that has a recipe for the glace that I use. http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=660527&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0 Check out Gemini's cookie photos (it's her recipe).

humminbird712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
humminbird712 Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 1:35am
post #7 of 10

You know the super soft cookies with the soft frosting on it that you can buy in the stores in a plastic container in the bakery section? The frosting is so soft and moist, but not sticky or anything like that. What type of frosting is this???????? It is SO good!

tiggy2 Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 2:11am
post #8 of 10

I'm pretty sure that is BC

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 2:35am
post #9 of 10

Humminbird - if the cookies you are referring to are the same ones they sell at Publix, it is a thick buttercream, very similar to rolled buttercream.

HTH!

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 3:29am
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

Glaze is also very good on cookies. Dries hard enough to package but doesn't get rock hard like royal. It also taste very good.

It's not rock hard, it's firm to the touch but easy to bite into without breaking your teeth. (I mean really....how many cookies could I sell and how many people would use my icing if it was rock hard??)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%