Cookies With Cinnamon

Baking By emccle Updated 17 Jan 2010 , 11:31pm by emccle

emccle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emccle Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 2:20am
post #1 of 31

My daughter is craving cinnamon. She wants some kind of cookies with cinnamon. Any ideas?

30 replies
newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 2:22am
post #2 of 31

The best cinnamon cookie ever - SNICKERDOODLES!!!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 2:31am
post #3 of 31

Yeah you can totally make snicker doodles out of cake box cookies.

1box Yellow or white cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 oil
mix well, make cookie balls and flatten with a glass dipped in cinnamon sugar. They bake better on parchment- no sticking either.
Bake 350° until puffy and crackly looking. Take out before edges turn golden brown.
They stay soft and chewy.

emccle Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 2:32am
post #4 of 31

I don't think I've ever had snickerdoodles. Do they have a strong cinnamon taste?

sadsmile Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 2:33am
post #5 of 31

these turn out like a soft chewy buttery sugar cookie with a cinnamon sugar top. Very good... so good you won't have any left over thumbs_up.gif

emccle Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 2:34am
post #6 of 31

How much sugar and how much cinnamon in the sugar/cinnamon mixture?

sadsmile Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 2:36am
post #7 of 31

Make up like 1/4 cup of sugar in a dish and a few sprinkles of cinnamon like 1/2 tsp- 1tsp

emccle Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 2:39am
post #8 of 31

Can I add some extra cinnamon to the boxed cake mix? Or will that be too much?

sadsmile Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 2:59am
post #9 of 31

I wouldn't add more then just a sprinkle. You mean you haven't baked them yet...? They are so easy you could be eating them by now. icon_wink.gif Ha ha

emccle Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 3:03am
post #10 of 31

sadsmile, you're funny! I just found a box of white cake mix in my cupboard, but it's past my bedtime icon_sad.gif , so I'll be baking in the morning. Thanks for your help!

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 4:34pm
post #11 of 31

I add more cinnamon in my cinnamon-sugar ratio... I just like a really "cinnamony" taste.

I also add a few dashes to the dough when I'm mixing it.

sadsmile Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 12:48am
post #12 of 31

Nothing yet...? Or did you guys eat them all and are afraid to come in and tell on yourselves?

Kims_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kims_cakes Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 12:54am
post #13 of 31

I'm going to have to try Sadsmile's version. So easy, thanks for the tip!

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 1:07am
post #14 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

2 eggs
1/2 oil
mix well, make cookie balls and flatten with a glass dipped in cinnamon sugar. They bake better on parchment- no sticking either.
Bake 350° until puffy and crackly looking. Take out before edges turn golden brown.

Ok now I am going to have to try this LOL will post results as soon as I am done icon_wink.gif

sadsmile Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 1:46am
post #15 of 31

Well it's not my recipe. I dare not take credit for these easy peasy yummy things. LOL
Hey you guys need to see the other thread that popped up....good recipes in there!!!

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=663174&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

G_Cakes Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 2:54am
post #16 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

2 eggs
1/2 oil

Ok now I am going to have to try this LOL will post results as soon as I am done icon_wink.gif

Here they are fresh out of the oven and the house smells heavenly!

I know you said it was not your recipe but thanks for posting it.

I haven't baked anything since my accident, and am feeling a little sore but it was soooooo worth it!

sadsmile Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:05am
post #17 of 31

I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Yes they smell amazing... but you didn't taste them yet? icon_rolleyes.gif

G_Cakes Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:08am
post #18 of 31

Couldnt get it to upload the picture into the thread but I did manage to get it loaded into my pictures...

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1558063&done=1

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:09am
post #19 of 31

Here is a recipe that I got off of Food Network. I was going to make some for the Holidays but I didn't get a chance so I don't know how they taste. The recipe sounds like a good one, though. I do hear that snickerdoodles are super YUM!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/snickerdoodles-recipe/index.html

sadsmile Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:09am
post #20 of 31

Oh I see you stopped to take a pic... nice!

G_Cakes Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:21am
post #21 of 31

Yes I did, first batch is gone and second batch is cooling and the gentle hum of my kitchen aid is buzzing in the background with the next batch icon_smile.gif

They are so delish! Enjoying it right now with a hot cup of tea icon_smile.gif

thanks for the recovery wishes, I hope so too, but nothing like a little baking to lift the spirits up icon_smile.gif

sadsmile Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:25am
post #22 of 31

LOL that's the spirit! Nothing like hot fresh chewy cookies!

newmansmom2004 Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:48am
post #23 of 31
Quote:

Couldnt get it to upload the picture into the thread but I did manage to get it loaded into my pictures...

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1558063&done=1

Uh oh...the cookie monster in me is in full force now. The picture looks WAY too yummy!

Hey I made some snickerdoodle cupcakes today - YUM!!! Found a recipe on a blog called Alpineberry. http://alpineberry.blogspot.com/

I just made my regular buttercream and added about 2 T. of cinnamon and it made a wonderful cinnamon icing for these little gems.

G_Cakes Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 7:17pm
post #24 of 31

newamansmom2004 that sounds so good I think I make just have to give it a try as well LOL

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 5:22am
post #25 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmansmom2004

Quote:

Uh oh...the cookie monster in me is in full force now. The picture looks WAY too yummy!

Hey I made some snickerdoodle cupcakes today - YUM!!! Found a recipe on a blog called Alpineberry. http://alpineberry.blogspot.com/

I just made my regular buttercream and added about 2 T. of cinnamon and it made a wonderful cinnamon icing for these little gems.

Thank you for posting the info about alpineberry.bolgspot.com! I went on her site and the snickerdoodle cupcake and many of her other recipes sound delish. I want to make some of them for a group that I bake for. A baker can never have too many recipes...especially since I don't want their taste buds to get bored with my tried and trues icon_wink.gif

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 6:11am
post #26 of 31

G, when you feel up to it....make these! They ARE to die for! And don't blame me when you each the entire batch! But I would suggest freezing some so you'll have some when you get a craving icon_smile.gif

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mrs-Siggs-Snickerdoodles/Detail.aspx

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 6:38am
post #27 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelion56602

G, when you feel up to it....make these! They ARE to die for! And don't blame me when you each the entire batch! But I would suggest freezing some so you'll have some when you get a craving icon_smile.gif

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mrs-Siggs-Snickerdoodles/Detail.aspx

I second this post! Heavenly cookies thumbs_up.gif

emccle Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 1:58pm
post #28 of 31

sadsmile, my daughter (the one with the cinnamon craving) LOVED the cookies, and her boyfriend loved the cookies so much that he proposed to her! (well, he was going to propose that evening anyway, but I like to think it was the cookies that did it). Thank you again for an easy delicious recipe. thumbs_up.gif

newmansmom2004 Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 2:33pm
post #29 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lita829

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmansmom2004

Quote:

Thank you for posting the info about alpineberry.bolgspot.com! I went on her site and the snickerdoodle cupcake and many of her other recipes sound delish. I want to make some of them for a group that I bake for. A baker can never have too many recipes...especially since I don't want their taste buds to get bored with my tried and trues icon_wink.gif

You're welcome. I'm having a great time discovering all these new baking blogs!

G_Cakes Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 8:51pm
post #30 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by emccle

sadsmile, my daughter (the one with the cinnamon craving) LOVED the cookies, and her boyfriend loved the cookies so much that he proposed to her! (well, he was going to propose that evening anyway, but I like to think it was the cookies that did it). Thank you again for an easy delicious recipe. thumbs_up.gif

Oh my goodness cookies and a proposal....now thats impressive!

Congrats to you daughter and new son in law icon_smile.gif

Just goes to show you that cookies do go straight to the heart icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%