Cupcakes Forever?

Baking By Colliegirl Updated 15 Jan 2010 , 11:15pm by Colliegirl

Colliegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Colliegirl Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 2:19am
post #1 of 7

Hi, I have a friend who loves the look of cupcakes and she has a stand for them and I would love to make some cupcakes that she could put in the stand for show. I was thinking of salt dough modelled cupcakes, but wanted to know if there is another way of making cupcakes that would last. Any one got any ideas? Cheers Tina

6 replies
newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 2:25am
post #2 of 7

You can actually order cupcake dummies (styrofoam dummies like cake dummies). I'd decorate with fondant and/or gumpaste as they'll last 'til the end of time...probably. Just be cautious of using pinks and purples as they fade and will eventually turn white.

Colliegirl Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 9:05am
post #3 of 7

Thanks for that didn't think about cupcake dummies, but then again haven't seen them around. Hmm now to hunt them down. Cheers

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 2:43pm
post #4 of 7

I've seen the cupcake dummies online but don't remember where. Just do a Google search for them and I"ll bet they pop right up!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 8:40pm
post #5 of 7

I made some using plaster of paris I think. You can also use the air drying clay. I put foil cupcake lines in my pans then filled them and left them in there to dry.

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 8:51pm
post #6 of 7

you could also do cold porcelain. then you could glaze them if you wanted the shiny.

Colliegirl Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 11:15pm
post #7 of 7

Great I will see if I can get these items today. As my girlfriends birthday is a couple of weeks away and I need to start now, I guess. Now to find these products. Thanks for all your help, its great. Cheers

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%