Cupcakes Forever?

Baking By Colliegirl Updated 15 Jan 2010 , 11:15pm by Colliegirl

Colliegirl Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 2:19am
post #1 of 7

Hi, I have a friend who loves the look of cupcakes and she has a stand for them and I would love to make some cupcakes that she could put in the stand for show. I was thinking of salt dough modelled cupcakes, but wanted to know if there is another way of making cupcakes that would last. Any one got any ideas? Cheers Tina

6 replies
newmansmom2004 Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 2:25am
post #2 of 7

You can actually order cupcake dummies (styrofoam dummies like cake dummies). I'd decorate with fondant and/or gumpaste as they'll last 'til the end of time...probably. Just be cautious of using pinks and purples as they fade and will eventually turn white.

Colliegirl Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 9:05am
post #3 of 7

Thanks for that didn't think about cupcake dummies, but then again haven't seen them around. Hmm now to hunt them down. Cheers

newmansmom2004 Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 2:43pm
post #4 of 7

I've seen the cupcake dummies online but don't remember where. Just do a Google search for them and I"ll bet they pop right up!

TexasSugar Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 8:40pm
post #5 of 7

I made some using plaster of paris I think. You can also use the air drying clay. I put foil cupcake lines in my pans then filled them and left them in there to dry.

julzs71 Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 8:51pm
post #6 of 7

you could also do cold porcelain. then you could glaze them if you wanted the shiny.

Colliegirl Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 11:15pm
post #7 of 7

Great I will see if I can get these items today. As my girlfriends birthday is a couple of weeks away and I need to start now, I guess. Now to find these products. Thanks for all your help, its great. Cheers

Quote by @%username% on %date%