Wedding Cupcakes W/ Jelly Belly's

Decorating By mbt4955 Updated 15 Jan 2010 , 1:44pm by mbt4955

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 10:48pm
post #1 of 5

I am doing cupcakes for an upcoming wedding. I will be doing Red Velvet for the bride and white chocolate for the groom, but ... the groom loves Jelly Belly's. I don't want them on the outside of the cupcakes, but are there any thoughts about a way to use them inside the cupcakes?

I saw one recipe for mini's that was a white chocolate cake recipe (which I was planning to use) and it said to bake for 7-8 minutes, then put 2-3 jelly beans on top and finish baking. The jelly beans would sink down into the middle, but not to the bottom since the cake was already partially baked. I think I'm going to give them a try, but any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

4 replies
kiwigal81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiwigal81 Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 6:14am
post #2 of 5

I wouldn't know about baking things into cakes, so if it were me, I'd just hide two or three under the peak of the swirl of icing. If you try the method you mentioned, I'd be interested to hear how it worksicon_smile.gif

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 6:23am
post #3 of 5

I wonder if the jelly beans would melt and then harden as they cool, sugar has a tendency to harden after it has been heated up and cooled down.
But the only way to know for sure would be to give it a shot.
Let us know how it goes.
Good Luck.

CristyInMiami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CristyInMiami Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 6:34am
post #4 of 5

What if you seperate them into flavors, grind them up in a food processor really well and whip them in with the buttercream. Each one can have its own original flavor.

I would like a popcorn one. icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 1:44pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the thoughts, everyone. I am going to try a few this weekend and I'll let you know how it works. I don't think the bride wants them to show, so I'm not sure what else would work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%