Toba's Glace

Baking By krm52200 Updated 14 Jan 2010 , 7:50pm by krm52200

krm52200 Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 6:12pm
post #1 of 3

I'm about to decorate tiara cookies using toba's glace but I'm not sure how to go about it. Do you pipe it on with a bag and tip? Just spread it with a spatula?

Any tips would be most appreciated.

Kelly

2 replies
GeminiRJ Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 6:39pm
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by krm52200

I'm about to decorate tiara cookies using toba's glace but I'm not sure how to go about it. Do you pipe it on with a bag and tip? Just spread it with a spatula?

Any tips would be most appreciated.

Kelly

So much depends on your design as to how you want to ge the icing onto your cookie. If it's a solid coating of just one color, you can dip the cookie down into the icing, lifting up slowly to get rid of the excess.

For the cookies I do, I use a decorating bag and tips. To fill in larger areas I use a #4 tip, and a #2 for smaller areas. I outline the area I want to ice, then immediately fill in with more icing in a zigzag patter (maybe half the area will have icing, and half "naked"). I then use a tapered, off-set spatula to smooth out the icing over the entire area. I go area by area, much like a paint-by-number, and I like to do the areas in such a way as to not have them touch. I like to have the icing set in one area before adding another color next to it. I think it helps prevent bleeding.

Once all the areas have been iced, I outline to add detail and definition. I use a #1s tip and thickend glace (thickened with more powdered sugar until the icing is the consistency of peanut butter).

Happy decorating!

krm52200 Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 7:50pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much! I decided to dip them and they came out perfectly. I love how smooth and shiny they look.

Thanks again for your help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%