Toba's Glace

Baking By krm52200 Updated 14 Jan 2010 , 7:50pm by krm52200

krm52200  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krm52200 Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 6:12pm
post #1 of 3

I'm about to decorate tiara cookies using toba's glace but I'm not sure how to go about it. Do you pipe it on with a bag and tip? Just spread it with a spatula?

Any tips would be most appreciated.

Kelly

2 replies
 GeminiRJ  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 6:39pm
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by krm52200

I'm about to decorate tiara cookies using toba's glace but I'm not sure how to go about it. Do you pipe it on with a bag and tip? Just spread it with a spatula?

Any tips would be most appreciated.

Kelly

So much depends on your design as to how you want to ge the icing onto your cookie. If it's a solid coating of just one color, you can dip the cookie down into the icing, lifting up slowly to get rid of the excess.

For the cookies I do, I use a decorating bag and tips. To fill in larger areas I use a #4 tip, and a #2 for smaller areas. I outline the area I want to ice, then immediately fill in with more icing in a zigzag patter (maybe half the area will have icing, and half "naked"). I then use a tapered, off-set spatula to smooth out the icing over the entire area. I go area by area, much like a paint-by-number, and I like to do the areas in such a way as to not have them touch. I like to have the icing set in one area before adding another color next to it. I think it helps prevent bleeding.

Once all the areas have been iced, I outline to add detail and definition. I use a #1s tip and thickend glace (thickened with more powdered sugar until the icing is the consistency of peanut butter).

Happy decorating!

krm52200  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krm52200 Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 7:50pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much! I decided to dip them and they came out perfectly. I love how smooth and shiny they look.

Thanks again for your help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%